New project, help me pick turbo(s)

rpm-inc

Reaction score
68 F250 cab/bed on an 01 frame with 05 axles.

7.3, billet rods, girdle, ported heads, lowered compression, half fill, fire ringed.

Just did some trading for some Unlimited 350/200's and a fresh BTS trans.

Only thing I need for a running engine is HPO, and will probably do SRP1.1 after this thread I started.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24538

My original plan was to use my drop in precision with wastegate welded into the housing left over from my van project and use a whole bunch of n20. After this thread I started, not so sure.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25113

Here is what I want.....
Badass street truck that can possibly hit a 10.99 with some n20. Ideally it would be compounds, and I am not completely opposed to doing that. But I sure like how simple singles are.

My gt4718 that was in the van is gone.

Keep my precision drop in and get a gt55 like charles/chillin? (lot of work and costly)
gtx4294r (costly)
gtx4202r (costly)

What about just a regular journal bearing 4294 or 02? And compound later if I need?

Or open to other's advice....

Thanks!!!!

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Gated S467BMW seems to be a great turbo for a 200% nozzle. Only reason you will need the gate is for the nitrous.
If you dont mind the "lightswitch turbo" an s475/83 will pull a bit more up top. But will sacrifice some driveability characteristics. I went from a 71/83 to the 75/83. For the strip its better, but I did lose a bit of DD and tow habits. From what Ive seen the 467 is a great all around turbo. It lites like a 66 but flows as much as a 71.

Personally, depending on weight it may be a challenge to crack 10s with 200% nozzles.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I would say a big part of it depends on how "hot" you want it to be on the street. You could make 500 hp with the 467 and have a nice street rig, but then spray it at the track to get you 10.99.

Wop had a gqssb on the lightning at one point and was spraying the sh*t out of it to make up for lack of turbo at the track.

So how "hot" do you want it to be on the street?

rpm-inc

Reaction score
No more van?

Got rid of the newer to me van but still have my back to 100% stock work van.

Somebody called me to see if I wanted a clean f250 and got it for cheap. Then stumbled upon the 68. Had my built engine listed for sale for quite a while with no takers, and a new project was born....lol.

Traded my 95 f250 locally for the fresh bts trans, injectors, and bellowed uppipes. Already had the engine and 05 axles. After parting both trucks and only keeping what I need, I will have hardly any additional money out of pocket. Seemed to be the thing to do.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet rig, is this gonna be a short bed or long bed? Just curoius? I dont know all that much about turbos but seems like the t4 mount with a S4 series turbo or a bell turbo seem to go great and leave plenty of adaptability later on down the road. But u prolly already know that.

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet rig, is this gonna be a short bed or long bed? Just curoius? I dont know all that much about turbos but seems like the t4 mount with a S4 series turbo or a bell turbo seem to go great and leave plenty of adaptability later on down the road. But u prolly already know that.

T2eC16JHJG8E9nyfmJfOBQVnSd14Cw60_3.jpg

Latest posts

Members online