New Tranny?

Jamieruggiero

Reaction score
I keep reading that if I get bigger injectors then to plan on a new tranny.

I have a newer E40d tranny with 40k on it and a motor with 292k on it. The tranny has new converter as well.
I am putting Full Force Stage 1s, D66 Turbo and a T500 HPOP in and now im worried about the transmission.
I have no issues with transmission currently, and I do nothing but use this truck to drive back and forth to work, I might haul some junk metal to the scrap yard here and there or help a buddy haul a trailer with a car on it from time to time.
So pretty much just a daily driver.

Will a tranny with new converter and only 40k on it really be affected by new injectors?

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I keep reading that if I get bigger injectors then to plan on a new tranny.

I have a newer E40d tranny with 40k on it and a motor with 292k on it. The tranny has new converter as well.
I am putting Full Force Stage 1s, D66 Turbo and a T500 HPOP in and now im worried about the transmission.
I have no issues with transmission currently, and I do nothing but use this truck to drive back and forth to work, I might haul some junk metal to the scrap yard here and there or help a buddy haul a trailer with a car on it from time to time.
So pretty much just a daily driver.

Will a tranny with new converter and only 40k on it really be affected by new injectors?

It really does depend on your driving and the tuning.....

Jamieruggiero

Reaction score
So I guess at this point, I should start saving for a built tranny. I don't think this truck is going anywhere any time soon. I want to completely restore it eventually till it looks and drives brand new!
So till then I will treat her nice on the pedal to save the tranny I do have.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
bts or jw valve body and one of their tq converters and good tunes is all you should need IF thats all the bigger your going to go power wise.

live life full throttle

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
No need for a built trans with that setup....

Sent from the left lane with the hammer down...

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Built tc and vb and maybe an upgraded tranny cooler and good tunes and call it a day.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so he doesnt have to worry about it... i know of a few dd stock injected trucks who have chit the trans out.

live life full throttle

TERRCO

Reaction score
Your tranny should be fine with stage ones. Of course , a stock tranny will have a short life if you abuse it. If you go to stage 2s or bigger then I would worry about the tranny. IIRC If you look I believe on beans website they sell "tranny savers" injectors. I wanna say there like 150cc or so. I think swamps sells some small Injectors also. Wait for veterans to chime in.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^ whs. Why are you guys telling him to buy stuff with stage 1 injectors?

Because even stock the e4od is relatively glass-like, with injectors it begins to go really quickly.

so he doesnt have to worry about it... i know of a few dd stock injected trucks who have chit the trans out.

live life full throttle

exactly.

davey99ps

Reaction score
With stage 1's or 2's it's really gonna depend on how well the trans was "rebuilt" an your driving style. If you drive the truck hard and/or tow really heavy than I'd plan on upgrading it in the near future, but if your the type who only gets on it once in awhile an otherwise are pretty easy on it then I wouldn't worry to much. Like others have said, some really good upgrades you can do to prolong the life of it are a good tq converter an valve body from BTS or John Wood will go a long ways in helping the trans take some abuse.

In all honesty, if you don't think you'll ever go bigger than stage 1's an a D66(which is a really nice dd set-up btw), I wouldn't worry much about the trans at that point. It won't be bulletproof, but it should last a long time at that power level with decent tunes an driving habits.

Latest posts

Members online