Nitrous Express controller or NOS Launcher?

Reaction score
Nitrous Express controller, NOS Launcher, or Ny Trex?

***I want opinions from people ACTUALLY running various progressive systems.***

I'm starting with nothing and I only want to buy one product, which is better and why? Is there anything that one can do better than the other or are they pretty much the same thing?

I'm looking at doing two stages probably one bottle per stage with -6 feed lines to the solenoids. From there, I'm not really sure... Never really messed with the juice personally.

I will be running 400/200's, an S468 with 1.10 housing (can be externally gated), and a Spearco 6.0 Intercooler. Where is the best placement of the jets? pre-turbo? Pre-intercooler? Post-intercooler? I'm running a set of Beans intake plenums, so kinda hard to modify them for spray bars I think.

Opinions?

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
The only input I can give is in correlation to jet placement. Seems most put the jets in the cold side IC pipe.

I'm in on this too as I'm running the same injectors and wanting to do nitrous.

Reaction score
After doing some talking to Jeff Dean, Driver of the Powerflow rail this morning, I'm considering going to a Ny-Trex system. Jeff said his problem with the progressive controlled systems is that they are hard on solenoids and they need to be rebuilt fairly often.

Idk, as I said, I'm new to nitrous, I just want to make an educated decision.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I have been looking at running this maximizer progressive controller... From all the diesel guys I have talked to running progressive systems they seem to really like it. And day its super simple to setup

imelmo

Reaction score
After doing some talking to Jeff Dean, Driver of the Powerflow rail this morning, I'm considering going to a Ny-Trex system. Jeff said his problem with the progressive controlled systems is that they are hard on solenoids and they need to be rebuilt fairly often.

Idk, as I said, I'm new to nitrous, I just want to make an educated decision.

I use the TS 2 stage system. I just swap out my first stage jet according to traction and my second stage jet according to power. Done.

I love it. Super simple and no laptop necessary or anything like that.

Powerstroke 6.4

Reaction score
Im running the NOS controller part number 15975NOS and the slave controller part number 15978NOS because I have 3 stages. I have used many other controllers in the past on gas and diesel an this is by far the best I have had. Gives you boost reference map reference as well as WOT and the ability to put the nitrous in on a ramp so you wont shock the tires out of the hole.

You get a LCD screen that you can change the parameters for right inside the cab with data logging as well

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Nate, all you need is a midget to ride under the hood in front of the intake with a bottle in each hand and the can just open em right into the intake and since they will be holding 2 bottles you can stage it. Its simple.....lol

JDub

Reaction score
I ran the Launcher with the in-cab LCD for control in the cab without needing your laptop with you. Made it so nice to make fine adjustments. I believe the NX is the exact same hardware though. That progressive controller is the only way to go if you're running more than one stage. You can make it come in so seamlessly, we were able to bring in 4 stages on the dyno run and make it linear power all the way through. By running the largest jets in your lines, you can then just use the LCD controller to ramp in the amount of nitrous you want/need.

For the track it's nice because you can have it delayed after WOT, and start slow at say 20% and ramp it to 100% over a certain amount of time. Set it soft off the line and bring it in harder so you don't just blow the tires off, etc... It's an expensive system once you get all the pieces, but it totally worth it. A 500hp shot of nitrous with total 'safe' control...would be hard to do that with a button

Reaction score
I ran the Launcher with the in-cab LCD for control in the cab without needing your laptop with you. Made it so nice to make fine adjustments. I believe the NX is the exact same hardware though. That progressive controller is the only way to go if you're running more than one stage. You can make it come in so seamlessly, we were able to bring in 4 stages on the dyno run and make it linear power all the way through. By running the largest jets in your lines, you can then just use the LCD controller to ramp in the amount of nitrous you want/need.

For the track it's nice because you can have it delayed after WOT, and start slow at say 20% and ramp it to 100% over a certain amount of time. Set it soft off the line and bring it in harder so you don't just blow the tires off, etc... It's an expensive system once you get all the pieces, but it totally worth it. A 500hp shot of nitrous with total 'safe' control...would be hard to do that with a button

Jacob,
I'm thinking about buying a NX kit minus the controller, and then buying the NOS Launcher for my controller. Any objections to that?

I really like the quality of the NX bottles, solenoids, etc. I just wish they had the LCD display. The other thing that is leading me toward NX is that they are a site sponsor on CompD and their customer service seems second to none.

JDub

Reaction score
Jacob,
I'm thinking about buying a NX kit minus the controller, and then buying the NOS Launcher for my controller. Any objections to that?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. It really appears that the NX slave and the NOS slave is exactly the same, think the computer program for them is the same as well, just different logos on the screen, so I don't see why it couldn't work.

mattman347

Reaction score
SPRAY BARS!!!! We run the NX progressive set up on the drag truck, single stage though. It worked great this last season, but I am thinking we are going to go with a dual progressive set up.

JDub

Reaction score
SPRAY BARS!!!! We run the NX progressive set up on the drag truck, single stage though. It worked great this last season, but I am thinking we are going to go with a dual progressive set up.

Spray bars and progressive controller are the only way to go for sure!

mattman347

Reaction score
Yeah, change your intakes to flat ones so you can use spray bars. After seeing WOP video on youtube, that is what we are going to do.

Wayne

Reaction score
Aside from not having the mini screen to control it, I love the options on the NX Maximizer 4 included with the NXD 4000 kit. Aside from being able to independently control each stage, they share safety shut-off switches based off of throttle position, boost, speed, etc, all of which can be controlled. I don't know the NOS system, but it also sounds pretty sweet, plus has the screen.

JDub

Reaction score
You can purchase the NOS kit without the in-cab screen, and just set everything up and make changes with your laptop, but it sure is nice to have the monitor on the dash to do it with.

Latest posts

Members online