No dash lights. Now climate control quit.

kmanxj

Reaction score
05 f250 king ranch

None of my dash lights work. All the gauges function like they should but no lights at night. I bought the truck this way about a month ago. I checked all the fuses and everything is good even tried new fuses just in case they were bad but didn't look broken.

Then last week I lost my climate control. All that worked on it light wise was the display it self. But all the buttons worked correctly. And then my fuse blew for power mirrors.So i put a new fuse in and still no hvac. So I tore the dash apart and unplugged everything and then it started working again. Couple days later it was out and I noticed the power mirrors weren't working again. Put a new fuse in two days ago and the mirrors have been fine but the hvac hasn't started working again.

I read online about the hvac stopping and guys switching the lights from off to auto and then to on and it firing back up. I've tried that 100 times and still nothing. Any possibility that the headlight/dimmer switch could be bad? Or hvac control? And I've checked the dimmer, ran it all the way through and nothing. It does work and kick on the dome lights.

Also has an aftermarket CD player that isn't hooked up to the steering wheel control. But everything worked on the wheel including hvac controls before the hvac display went out.

Any help is appreciated. Pic of my interior. CD player lights, info center, dummy lights, and fog light indicator light works. No lights on the steering wheel controls either(not sure if they are supposed to light up or not).

f2c9c636a6bec1d19a66ce173ac72e3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
Dont all that run through the dimmer? The on/off might still work with overhead lights but if the dial/board part in the dimmer is junk i could see it causing no dash lights

kmanxj

Reaction score
I've thought about trying to find a new one and see. But it doesn't control the display on the hvac or its functionality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.