NO Desired ICP, where to go

Injected79

Reaction score
Alright guys first time iv had this issue, long story short doing an enigne swap on a 04 6.0. The engine that came out was a late model 04 engine which was odd becasue the build date on the truck is late 03. Anyways the engine that we put back in was an 03 engine complete with the wiring, minus accessories. we were getting things buttoned back up on it but decided to make sure it fired before doing so. Went to crank, low pressure oil came up, then high pressure came up but only to 330 ball park and stayed in that area, Hooked up my AE, and i found that the ICP desired is at 0, and in turn the IPR is staying at 14.6 or 14.8 percent. WHat would be causing the truck not to desire any ICP pressure.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Alright guys first time iv had this issue, long story short doing an enigne swap on a 04 6.0. The engine that came out was a late model 04 engine which was odd becasue the build date on the truck is late 03. Anyways the engine that we put back in was an 03 engine complete with the wiring, minus accessories. we were getting things buttoned back up on it but decided to make sure it fired before doing so. Went to crank, low pressure oil came up, then high pressure came up but only to 330 ball park and stayed in that area, Hooked up my AE, and i found that the ICP desired is at 0, and in turn the IPR is staying at 14.6 or 14.8 percent. WHat would be causing the truck not to desire any ICP pressure.

bad crank sensor

Injected79

Reaction score
yep i was just getting on here to say i found it, before we recieved the engine somebody had cut the wiring going to the crank sensor either during removal or loading.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Can be a painful lesson to learn! Wasn't more than a year ago we had this same issue and spent the good part of an afternoon tracking it down!

Injected79

Reaction score
YA it sucks but she's up and running now, Had an extra 4 hours or so in then i should have had, but owell atleast its up and running now.