No Heat/ AC

Bmxglory03

Reaction score
2003 F-250 6.0L Lariat Pick-Up

No Heat/ AC

Story: Middle of summer my AC stopped working, I didn't think much of it. Just rolled down my windows to cool down. But then it got colder. So now I'm trying to fix my heat. So I found out that the wires going across the turbo melted on the turbo, causing them to have high resistance. I soldered in new wires. Then I replaced the fuse, yet it kept blowing the fuse. So I was driving one day and my brother switched on the heat, and it started blowing! He had it on high setting of the fan, and it didn't blow like it was on high, blew like it was on low. But it was warm, and worked on all vents.

Now, it hasn't worked in awhile like that. So I checked the voltage at the blower motor when on high. 0.02V. Checked it at the resistor also, 0.02V. Checked blend door, 0.02V

Checked it at the switch itself, 0.02V. Checked the fuse for hvac and heater controls in fuse box under steering column. 12.36v on both sides.

My question is, for you electronic guys. What else do I check? I don't really want to take to a shop. Any help would be appreciated.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have no idea what the wires are that melted but an easy way to tell if you need a control switch or a fan is that when you have the blower setting on high, it is a direct 12v feed to the fan. not lower resistance like it would be from the lower settings.. so if it isn't working on high try pulling the fan out and or hooking 2 jumper wires from the plug. one from the batery positive post and one from the negative post.. that is a sure fire way of knowing if the blower is shot.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online