no limit intake

rytwanderer

Reaction score
Brand new to the forum, sorry if this has already been discussed. I have only been able to find small bits of slightly relevant information not the exact info i need. I have a 2012 that is ******d from the downpipe back. The egr is blocked off with the pipes removed and the coolant line for it is rerouted, I also have the canned H&S tunes. I have been looking into getting a new intake and based on everything I've seen I really want to go with the no limits stage 2. However I have seen some people having fitment issues which is my secondary concern as I think having the egr pipes and coolant line rerouted appears to allow enough clearance for the intake from what I've read but my primary concern is if the canned H&S tunes can handle the larger intake or if it will require new tunes. Or should I just go with stage 1 intake instead? Again sorry if this has already been answered and thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 133

ncollins64

Reaction score
The stage 2 intake just takes some time getting it lined up perfectly and not hitting the hood. I had my phone under the hood videoing and after about 30 mins and 4 try's it clears everything perfect. The h&s devices and tunes doesn't seem to be as sensitive to the stage 2 intake as other platforms like sct etc.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The stage 2 intake just takes some time getting it lined up perfectly and not hitting the hood. I had my phone under the hood videoing and after about 30 mins and 4 try's it clears everything perfect. The h&s devices and tunes doesn't seem to be as sensitive to the stage 2 intake as other platforms like sct etc.

this. it's 10 lb's of $hit in a 5 lb bag. it really just takes some adjusting if the first try doesnt quite clear .

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I would recommend doing the coolant line reroute to get rid of the stiff metal one and the intake will fit perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChitownPS

Reaction score
I have a stage 2 intake and love it!!!!!! Only thing I didnt like is the dry filter and cover. I had a hell of a time getting the cover over the filter. Speaking of filters I need a new one. Who can sell me one? Lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I have a stage 2 intake and love it!!!!!! Only thing I didnt like is the dry filter and cover. I had a hell of a time getting the cover over the filter. Speaking of filters I need a new one. Who can sell me one? Lol

uhhh no limit?

ChitownPS

Reaction score
Uhhhhh thanks sootie, was looking for the guys to chime in for the best price.

ChitownPS

Reaction score
Thanks jeremy, is there a difference between the oiled and pro guard 7 filter? Besides the $20 bucks. I dont want a paper filter again

My09Ride

Reaction score
I should not be here, cause I'm a 6.4 guy. Just happened to see NL's. I gained 1 to 2 mpg when I change from the stock stuff. You will even be able to hear a little more from the engine. The filter minder with my tune was being pulled down 1 to 2 clicks before, now nothing. Feels Great. I'm starting to think NL's does it right.

78f100

Reaction score
We have put a few of the No Limit stage 2 intakes on and everyone loves them. It does take some care installing it so it doesn't hit the hood, if you look at it really well you can tell where it should be. Just ease the hood down to test fit don't slam it until you know if it hits or not.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Thanks jeremy, is there a difference between the oiled and pro guard 7 filter? Besides the $20 bucks. I dont want a paper filter again

We don't do paper filters anymore. We have AFE oiled, ProDryS and ProGuard7. It has more layers of the cotton-composite material. Better filtration and it's still an oiled filter. Washable and reusable as well

brown1

Reaction score
newbie here. just bought my 13 platinum and am acquiring parts for egr and *** slim fast program. i'm not looking to gain a ton of power just help reliability and maybe some mpg's, oh and wanting to here some turbo without sounding obnoxious. i an intake necessary for what i'm trying to do?

sootie

Reaction score
an intake wouldnt hurt for sure. not totally necessary tho.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
newbie here. just bought my 13 platinum and am acquiring parts for egr and *** slim fast program. i'm not looking to gain a ton of power just help reliability and maybe some mpg's, oh and wanting to here some turbo without sounding obnoxious. i an intake necessary for what i'm trying to do?

it's a good start for sure. typically we see .5 or more mpg from our intakes. we have a big black friday sale for all the stuff you could possibly need, so now is a great time to do it .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.