No oil in one head

60powerplant

Reaction score
Got a truck in today and it what just head studed by another shop. The could get it runing right. They had it runing for 10mins and it stared making a bad lift tap sound. So I got it now. Took driver side valve cover off and there no oil in the head but the was oil in the oil rail.

webb06

Reaction score
What does the power balance look like? Are the rockers all seated on the pushrods? Valve bridges seated in the valves?

Need a bit more info

loboost

Reaction score
All the clips still on the rockers?

Not being a smart ass....but have you checked the oil level...and what does LPO psi look like?

sent while driving recklessly

reilly8282

Reaction score
So what actually supplies the rockers with out? The oil dribbling out of the injectors or from the push rods? I am having a similar issue. If the standpipe check valve was not supplying correct oil to the drives side head, I would assume oil leaching out of the injectors is what oils the rockers.

webb06

Reaction score
Pulled a injector and there's no oil on it.

But you said there was oil in the rail? That doesn't make sense.

Oil gets in the head by coming up the pushrod from the lifters or from being ejected from the injector. No other way to get oil there

60powerplant

Reaction score
I sorry looked at the injectors more and there oil on them it's got new oil in it so little harder to see. I think I found some others problem to. The on push rod was bent bad it was never in there lifter it was siting next to it. Now you think it messed the valve up or anything?

Reaction score
I sorry looked at the injectors more and there oil on them it's got new oil in it so little harder to see. I think I found some others problem to. The on push rod was bent bad it was never in there lifter it was siting next to it. Now you think it messed the valve up or anything?

Sounds like it blew up a lifter.

Latest posts