No pressure at heads

dogdog130

Reaction score
I just replaced hpop injectors and cups and Ipr I deadhead hpop get 3k plus. Then each head has no pressure one line to guage other to head.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ghohouston

Reaction score
Have you checked the engine oil level? How much cranking have you done since all these parts were installed? Did you re install all 4 of the little 1/8th allen oil rail plugs under the valve covers? How does the ipr pigtail look? Is the nut on the ipr tight? There is air in the high pressure oil system, and cranking is how you get it out. You can also remove the icp sensor, and pour oil into the oil rail itself. Lots of variables here. How do you have your gauge plumbed? One hpop line hooked into the gauge, and one line to the head? Or did you put a gauge into one of the unused ports in the external part of the oil rail?

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Have you checked the engine oil level? How much cranking have you done since all these parts were installed? Did you re install all 4 of the little 1/8th allen oil rail plugs under the valve covers? How does the ipr pigtail look? Is the nut on the ipr tight? There is air in the high pressure oil system, and cranking is how you get it out. You can also remove the icp sensor, and pour oil into the oil rail itself. Lots of variables here. How do you have your gauge plumbed? One hpop line hooked into the gauge, and one line to the head? Or did you put a gauge into one of the unused ports in the external part of the oil rail?

:whs:

It may take a good amount of cranking before ICP will build in the head. When swapping out injectors, you are pretty much draining all the oil out of the rail. It takes a while to get them filled back up and enough air worked out to build pressure.

Basically, if you haven't had to recharge your batteries, you may not have cranked enough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.