No sound out of my Clarion VRX925VD. HELP!!

DieselCowboy

Reaction score
I just installed a Clarion vrx925vd and it played just fine for a few minutes then no sound. Rechecked all the wiring and made sure it is all correct. Hit reset button and it worked for a second and then quit again. Any suggestions?

TyCorr

Reaction score
That sounds like you are having an inconsistent connection or the head unit is junk....

Did you use a harness so you can plug the stocker back in? Use crimp connectors or solder. Id solder the harness to the new radio wiring. Try the stock radio as that'll tell you where the snafu is.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
That sounds like you are having an inconsistent connection or the head unit is junk....

Did you use a harness so you can plug the stocker back in? Use crimp connectors or solder. Id solder the harness to the new radio wiring. Try the stock radio as that'll tell you where the snafu is.

definitely solder on an application like this as said above. you might think you crimped that connector good enough... but in reality it moved just enough to make your head unit not work properly.

DieselCowboy

Reaction score
I used crimp connectors on the power and solder on the audio connections. There is two parts to this unit. The flip up head unit and the remote located brain. so far what i have found out this is a common problem and the brain has gone bad. supposedly I can send it off and get it fixed for 125.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Fwiw, I havent owned anything clarion for since the late 90's but I didnt have good luck with their headunits. Im not a car audio guy though. I have my eyes on a pioneer double din, touchscreen unit for my 2000 righ now.

What does this one look like?

DieselCowboy

Reaction score
I don't know anyway to test it. I know its not the connections cause i hooked up another head unit and all the speakers work great. The only reason I am putting this one in the truck is because my buddy needed some money and I have been wanting a player like this for a while. $30 is better than $600. I am taking it to a buddy tomorrow to see if he can tear it apart and fix whatever is going wrong with it.

bigbadford01

Reaction score
The DIN cable is notorious for that. I'd try to replace that first. I had one here about 2 weeks ago but, finally scrapped my wire junk box which was over flowing badly.

DieselCowboy

Reaction score
I have it going to a local guy here that will repair it for little to nothing. Supposedly the brain is what causes the audio to just go out. It is a common problem. The cable has been replaced.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.