no start 04.5 6.0l

pstroke08

Reaction score
started fine (motor was cold), drove about 2 miles to get fuel and shut off truck. went to start cranked over but no start. plugged sct in and had p0341 and p2291 code. next day cleared codes and tryed again just cranked no start and i unpluged icp sensor but no luck. bad hpop or leak? had truck "bulletproofed" around a month ago. can some one help please!:fustrate:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
If its an 04.5, the Icp sensor is in the pass side valve cover and the Ipr is under the turbo.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
There is a special socket that lets you get it out without pulling the turbo. It has a cutout for the electrical connector on the IPR.

pstroke08

Reaction score
thanks! so is the possibility that i have a leak ruled out? and from what i have read it should start when its cold if its a leak. or test ipr then replace hpop?

Atsah

Reaction score
thanks! so is the possibility that i have a leak ruled out? and from what i have read it should start when its cold if its a leak. or test ipr then replace hpop?

Best thing to do is get it scanned and replace the part that's failing..

pstroke08

Reaction score
i would have already done that but cant get the truck running and have to get it towed$ just to have it tested. i live an hour away to the nearest diesel shop. but looks like im going to have to:(

co04cobra

Reaction score
Best thing to do is get it scanned and replace the part that's failing..

:whs: You need to check ipr, icp and ficm voltage while cranking. Do you have a factory oil cap? I know it seems dumb, but I had on 06 the other day that wouldnt start and once I swapped the cap it fired.
Also, you dont need a special socket for the ipr. I use a big open end wrench to change them.

Have you checked to see if its getting fuel?

pstroke08

Reaction score
the oil filter cap? yes and yea i took off the fuel filter and was full of fuel. somewhere i read that if i pull the icp that it would start if the sensor was faulty idk it thats right or not lol. tomorrow i will take the ipr out and check the ficm. how do i test the ipr? but i guess it would easier just to get it scanned like yall said

Latest posts

Members online