No start after EGR delete and oil cooler

MorganY

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting a no start. Poured 5 quarts into oil filter housing and 10 in the oil fill. FICM voltage checks out. I have done 6 20 second cranks with 5 minute intervals. I have no way to check ICP. ICP sensor is plugged in and has no oil around it

DMAX

Reaction score
Keep cranking, I usually do more than 6 at 15-20 seconds im usually around 15 before it fires, if still no luck check and see if fuel bowl fills up, I have had a situation where I was cranking it forever and I pulled the cap on the fuel bowl and coincidently the filters were bad also

MorganY

Reaction score
Okay, I have done about 7. Last night I had to fix a coolant leak from the bottom of the manifold, and some coolant ran down the front of the motor, would that affect anything?

DMAX

Reaction score
Nope, it shouldn't really matter. That's happened too us too, ive forgotten to put the manifold/water pump gasket back in. I heard you talked to mike, hope you get it figured out

MorganY

Reaction score
Yes I did, HUGE help, thanks to everyone who helped me out. My boss was looking at me like I was an idiot, Mike you probably saved me getting business from the customer. Thank you so much I really appreciate it. Turned out the drivers side bank injectors weren't firing, one of the FICM plugs was loose. 6 hr mistake lol. Thanks again Mike

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Yes I did, HUGE help, thanks to everyone who helped me out. My boss was looking at me like I was an idiot, Mike you probably saved me getting business from the customer. Thank you so much I really appreciate it. Turned out the drivers side bank injectors weren't firing, one of the FICM plugs was loose. 6 hr mistake lol. Thanks again Mike

LOL I bet that was no fun. Where are you working at?

MorganY

Reaction score
:hammer: :fustrate: LOL.

And if that didn't top it off, my own damn truck was having starting issues, thought it was the FICM, ended up having to buy a new GPCM! Gah!

Lol TJ, I posted a Craigslist ad for doing small work on 6.0s in the Bryan/college station area. So on my way to do this oil cooler, my own truck wouldn't fire, get to the job 2hrs late trying/testing chit on my truck, then take 9hrs to do an oil cooler and delete :fustrate:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.