No start issue....not sure what else to check.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Ok guys, i have been banging my head agains the wall on this one. Truck came in for a simple EGR Delete and Oil cooler. Something i have done more times than i care to count. Truck ran fine Prior with no issues. Truck also has head studs done prior.

Put truck back together, have a no start. After a cycle of the batteries, we air test it. Command the IPR to 100% and we hear gurgling noises from below the oil cooler. Remove everything, and go through the oil cooler, and rebuild it again being extra careful that everthing is as it should be. Put the oil cooler back on (leaving manifold and turbo off) fuel lines back on, and air test again. Still same gugling noise below the oil cooler. Use a funnel to amplify the noise, you can hear it pretty loud with the funnel in the Oil pickup line opening for the turbo on the oil cooler cover.

Seems like there is a oil leak, but can not find anything. No noises from the valve covers, and IPR is 14.58v KOEO. Something i did notice was the noise is the same weather the IPR is 100% or not.

I pulled the HPOP cover last night, was going to pull the pump tonight to see if the STC fitting was done or not. Any thoughts...heres a video of the noise....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2iJt66s1w

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
can you hook it to a scanner and see what the computer is calling for? Ive had issues like that happen, sometimes disturbing the wiring can raise an issue that wasn't noticed before. crank sensor wiring, cam sensor wiring...etc. The gurgling sound under the oil cooler...where is the funnel placed at to listen under the oil cooler? and did you get low pressure oil on the initial no start? the sound could be caused by the oil cooler not being full...

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Oil cooler is full all the number icp ect were good befor restart....pulled the icp and cranked oil dribbled out that's why we went looking for a leak. I'm wondering if a bad pump is the culprit

Latest posts

Members online