Non ELC coolant for 6.0?

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
What do you guys prefer? I've ran the zerex g-05 since I got the truck. Motor is going back together just checking to see what the consensus is. I've heard alot of guys run the CAT stuff too...

EnterKO

Reaction score
Former ELC user here.....now rockin the gold!!!

Not trying to start a tired argument over which is better, just sharing.

Snake

Reaction score
I have CAT ELC in mine and will most likely continue to run it.

The flip side of the coin is that if you go back to the Gold and use a test strip, you know how much of what to add to bring the coolant back into specs. No one has been able to say the same for the ELC, but the way I look at it is that the ELC will be in there for a lot longer, and I'll just flush it / replace it. :D

Besides, all the cool kids are using ELC.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I think no matter what coolant you go with, maintenance is required, and a lot of guys forget about that.

I don't think anyone was able to produce a source for an ELC coolant that had the appropriate nitrite levels that Ford said were needed for the cooling system on the 6.0 right?

I've had good luck with the Ford gold. I've thought of continuing to run it after my headstud install, just to prove that it's not as bad as some make it out to be, but I may just go CAT ELC anyways, just to switch it up some. Not sure. Honestly, it will probably come down to whatever I can get easier and cheaper. I think either way is ok, as long as you stay on top of maintenance with it, like anything else.

JMO

chappy

Reaction score
I'm running a cat elc rated coolant. global from peak brand to be exact. Its what the local truck stops sell

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.