not moving help me

f350BeastinmaKing

Reaction score
05 f350 6.0 srw

it started injectors making noises after I got fuel from a gas station I normally don't go to. then I put some diesel 911 in fuel thinking it help it didn't, so I changed fuel filter and then after 10 miles it felt great. turned off then on and made funny noise at injector location. while driving I noticed allot of white smoke coming from tail pipe, then on dash turbo pressure was at 40 redlined and no oil pressure on gauge I shut key off and pulled over carefully and got towed. what do you think this is im leaning towards bad turbo or hpop. but im fairly new to the 6.0 so please inform other things I can look at. I looked underneath and there is nothing dripping anywhere, on area I see wetness is by back exhaust manifold driver side only a wet spot but not like a huge leak.

jake74

Reaction score
Not being a dick but you didn't accidentally put gas in it did you?

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Yeah never know when somebody cross dropped the fuel also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

f350BeastinmaKing

Reaction score
update

had mechanic look at it, turns out first 3 injectors were bad so had all 8 done then still had a misfire, pulled one head off had 0 compression at cylinder 6 the piston looked chopped up bad and the bottom side of that head had 2 valves bent and found a small piece of metal about pencil thick and quarter of an inch long was in that area we think its the bottom of a valve seat that broke not going further into it as labor is expensive. but now shopping around for a used motor with low miles or a rebuilt motor and came across this site I don't know if legit or know much about this mahle piston they use if anyone can chime in much appreciated before I make this purchase

http://www.motorworksengines.com/remanufactured-engines/diesel-engines/

price seems to good to be true why I question. jasper wants 8k new motor this is big difference.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.