Nozzle discussion.. 200 v.s 400

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Strictly discussion here...

200% nozzles are just about perfected tuning wise, seem to be fantastic for the street.

400% are being tried by multiple guys on the street and not doing awful.

Any reason a guy on a forged motor cant run 400% nozzles and just make sure its all happening in like 2-2.5ms of PW?
Anything being sacrificed if you have the option to get live tuned?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
There is a few guys running 400s on a forged rod motor. I've looked into 400s but I don't want to limit the trucks towing capacity that much.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
There is a few guys running 400s on a forged rod motor. I've looked into 400s but I don't want to limit the trucks towing capacity that much.

I know Marty has/was, i tihnk he is now running 600% nozzles.

Id really like to go a little bigger, but just was wondering if others had huge reasons NOT to

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I've talked with Nate at Unlimited and Jonathan at Swamps about 400/400s and both said it becomes more toy orientated at that point. DD is doable but smokey. Nate said you could tow light. Under 7k. Jon said he wouldn't recommend long hauls, but he does it.

Just expect to bend to the trucks driving habits. Its all what you think is acceptable.

On edit: I'm talking 400/400s on a single, twins would be a whole different ball game.

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I've talked with Nate at Unlimited and Jonathan at Swamps about 400/400s and both said it becomes more toy orientated at that point. DD is doable but smokey. Nate said you could tow light. Under 7k. Jon said he wouldn't recommend long hauls, but he does it.

Just expect to bend to the trucks driving habits. Its all what you think is acceptable.

On edit: I'm talking 400/400s on a single, twins would be a whole different ball game.

Yeah 400/400 on a single is where I am at. I have a feeling if i went that route id have to find a much much better single as well.

Toy oriented is pretty much all im after! I never tow with the truck, and if i need to im sure there is a way to tune it to be able to tow if i REALLY need to.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Just a question, but what about 300%? I know I have seen them mentioned before but hardly ever offered by anyone.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Just a question, but what about 300%? I know I have seen them mentioned before but hardly ever offered by anyone.

I looked into them today, and the only way i can see them being offered is custom application.

Swamps can get them made, but they are spendy since they arent common. I only know of 2 people with them

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I only know off one guy with a 300% nozzle. I asked about this myself thinking that the 300 would be ideal for the guy with a moderate sized single 71-76mm that wanted a competition caliber vehicle that could still function as a reliable DD with very few limitations on towing.

I was under the impression that a 300 was a more custom made nozzle where as the 400 and especially the 200s were more readily available.
Or there might be so little of a noticeable difference from 2-300 or 3-400.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I only know off one guy with a 300% nozzle. I asked about this myself thinking that the 300 would be ideal for the guy with a moderate sized single 71-76mm that wanted a competition caliber vehicle that could still function as a reliable DD with very few limitations on towing.

I was under the impression that a 300 was a more custom made nozzle where as the 400 and especially the 200s were more readily available.
Or there might be so little of a noticeable difference from 2-300 or 3-400.

are you talking about Todd?

Short Bus

Reaction score

Mine always smoked even with twins, i would never recommend 400's for a DD truck. I did tow, but i had to be very careful and make sure i stayed above 2500 rpms to keep the big charger lit. Poor fuel mileage, constant smoke even when empty running at 75 mph and high egt's.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Mine always smoked even with twins, i would never recommend 400's for a DD truck. I did tow, but i had to be very careful and make sure i stayed above 2500 rpms to keep the big charger lit. Poor fuel mileage, constant smoke even when empty running at 75 mph and high egt's.

Thats good advice Luke, were you doing the tuning for those?

I am contemplating a 400/400 or a 300-350/200%

Gearhead

Reaction score
a 400 will make less power than a 200 nozzle unless you have a 75mm or larger charger fuel only.... been there done that.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
a 400 will make less power than a 200 nozzle unless you have a 75mm or larger charger fuel only.... been there done that.

If i went with a 400%, i would be running an s475 no doubt about it.

But thanks for the advice, sounds like maybe i should stick with the 200% and keep tweaking to make power. Shouldnt be difficult with a 350/200 to break 550 should it?

Short Bus

Reaction score
Thats good advice Luke, were you doing the tuning for those?

I am contemplating a 400/400 or a 300-350/200%

Oh, over the last 2 years- TW, Gearhead, swamps and some tunes by another member on here. Currently running swamps and they are about 95% of what i expect, really only need a couple minor shift/tc lock up tweaks. One of these days i hope to catch up with TW and have him spend a day on my truck tuning, but since he moved to texas its too hard to get together anymore.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Oh, over the last 2 years- TW, Gearhead, swamps and some tunes by another member on here. Currently running swamps and they are about 95% of what i expect, really only need a couple minor shift/tc lock up tweaks. One of these days i hope to catch up with TW and have him spend a day on my truck tuning, but since he moved to texas its too hard to get together anymore.

Tony is flying out to my place to do live tuning, so that part is taken care of. I trust that guy tuning my truck.

But i think you guys have convinced me to stay away from the 400%, at least till ive got enough parts to actually use all that fuel beneficially

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Stroker, I contemplated bumping mine up to a 300-350. And didnt think it would be worth the coin for just a little more fuel.

A 250/200 is capable of near 600hp, it has been done.

Latest posts

Members online