Obs lift pump question

Reaction score
Are you going the Econ route like I did?

My goal was to do it was cheap as possible.

Attachments

• F92B5391-D701-48A3-B65F-475790E78C36.jpeg
    F92B5391-D701-48A3-B65F-475790E78C36.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 14FDEC78-F246-4016-983D-A6B209F447B1.jpeg
    14FDEC78-F246-4016-983D-A6B209F447B1.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 90

JohnT24

Reaction score
Got it all put back together today. Truck runs much better than it did with the factory lift pump.

Cool.
And thanks for the Baldwin filter cross reference numbers.
Well, at least one of them.

Question,
I'm wondering why you guys put shut offs on each end....
I do not have any shut offs and I have never had any problems changing filters

252a5001d10231c58660f7e7607ea567.jpg

Reaction score
I figured it would stop any extra fuel from both ends.

It’s also a cheap anti theft option if you’re leaving your truck for an extended time somewhere.

As far as the filters I love the Baldwin.

Reaction score
Holy crap!

What fittings are those and is that the factory regulated return??

If so, that's genius!

I reused as much of the factory setup as I could. Along with multiple items I had around the shop- mostly AN fittings, hose and hardware. So yes, it’s is a factory RR. I cut out the regulator from the fuel bowl (tightwad mod) and reused the stock Y lines. Best part is not having to remove the turbski.

The fitting to reuse the factory Y fuel
Lines and banjo bolt is a #12 sae orb to a -6 AN or or 3/8” barb. I had to source mine from a locally from a hydraulic shop and that’s what they had. There’s not much online to source a fitting like that.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I reused as much of the factory setup as I could. Along with multiple items I had around the shop- mostly AN fittings, hose and hardware. So yes, it’s is a factory RR. I cut out the regulator from the fuel bowl (tightwad mod) and reused the stock Y lines. Best part is not having to remove the turbski.

The fitting to reuse the factory Y fuel
Lines and banjo bolt is a #12 sae orb to a -6 AN or or 3/8” barb. I had to source mine from a locally from a hydraulic shop and that’s what they had. There’s not much online to source a fitting like that.
Badass! Thanks man!

Why would you need to remove the turbo?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
To remove the rear head fitting which I didn’t have to do since I reused the factory Y line.
Gotcha!
I dont remember what pump it is.
Walbro maybe??
Ah. Decent pump for the money then. Just don't let it sit for any length of time or diesel will gum up in it. Technically not diesel rated. But they have been used for a long time for exactly that. I had a couple on whitey.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Will the stock fuel bowl and regulated return allow efuel to regulate to 65psi?

I have a pre filter to a stock bosch superduty pump to the feed nipple line going into the fuel bowl and i cant get it below 80ish psi. I have the spring and plunger completely removed and only the brass plug in it where the pressure spring is and its way high..

Where would the restriction be not allowing it to regulate?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Im a idiot i guess. With the research i have done, i guess its completely different then a super duty bowl.

Can fuel pressure be regulated pre fuel bowl??

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Im thinking like a inline regulator like you would do on a carbureted gasser. I know the pressures are not even the same but still...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Im a idiot i guess. With the research i have done, i guess its completely different then a super duty bowl.

Can fuel pressure be regulated pre fuel bowl??
Yes, im an idiot. No im not going to do that.
Im thinking like a inline regulator like you would do on a carbureted gasser. I know the pressures are not even the same but still...
Nope. Not like that either. Lol.

I used one of the cheap fleabay adapters that is for the pump delete. Im blocking off the fuel bowl port with a pice of hose and a plug and doing the same with the return port coming out of the regulater/bowl. Going to use a normal regulator and go from the block off return fitting thingy to the regulator then from the regulator to the return hard line.
I reused the factory obs bowl regulator that I cut out.

It’s in the picture above. Look up tight wad mod
Yeah. I seen your picture. I removed the spring and plunger thingy completely and it wouldn't regulate pressure. Climbed to 90 psi. So thats why im confused. So im just going to use it to feed fuel with the guts completely out of it and go to the actual regulator that i mentioned above

I also learned that the aftermarket fuel filter lids that come on the filters are weak as hell and wont hold 60psi. They flex and pop the oring out and fuel geysers out. Lol. Ordered a billet filter lid from riffraff so that wont be a problem anymore.

Yes i know, could have just did a bowl delete for the price. Trying to keep it simple as hell. Its for a young lady that knows nothing about these trucks and if any issues arise, she can order or change parts that are close to oem as possible. Only thing right now that would be different is that if she ever had pump issues is that she would have to tell the parts store that it is for a 7.3 superduty from 99-03... rest is factory.

Worse case, she has to change a hose that isnt for either year.. lol

Latest posts

Members online