Obs tunes on a sd?

Rippershifter

Reaction score
Just purchased a used ts 6 pos chip with beans custom tunes from a buddy. I have an e99 sd I installed the chip today got an engine light with key on and no start. Not sure if I should try cleaning the contacts again or it won't run because of the tunes. I would think it should at least run? I've heard of people putting split shots in obs trucks with stock tuning and them running fine.

co04cobra

Reaction score
No it will probably not even run. The chip is telling the PCM to do something that it can not.

Contact NLTD and have the chip reburned.

Rippershifter

Reaction score
Like I said I installed spit shots on a buddy's obs and it ran fine. Isn't that a similar scenario? Split shot injectors single shot tuning.

dsberman94

Reaction score
no because im pretty sure i got some single shot tunes and im running split shot injectors. idle sounds really loud because obviously its not right but it runs on them. whether it should or not.

JD3020

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what kind of tunes are on it, its 2 completely different PCM codes. No way in hell it'll work.

And yes splits running with single shot tuning will work, i ran my truck that way for a while when i put the AD's in.

dsberman94

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what kind of tunes are on it, its 2 completely different PCM codes. No way in hell it'll work.

And yes splits running with single shot tuning will work, i ran my truck that way for a while when i put the AD's in.

exactly. what it comes down to is the pcm code and even PCM family. iirc the OBS and SD pcm families were different which means that a chip with tunes for an obs will never work on a SD PCM and the other way around

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
It should work... Very poorly, Ive ran PMT1 tunes on my vdh. Just certain things will not work.

The other thing being commanded PW at idle. Singles 1.5ish, vs splits 2.5ish off the top of my head.
Splits would barely idle with single shot tunes.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Op, are you trying to troubleshoot something ? Or are you just being too cheap to do it correctly. If it runs, it won't run well.

Don't come in here asking opinions, then arguing with answers because it's not what you want to hear.

Do it right or don't do it.

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

CurtisF

Reaction score
Like I said I installed spit shots on a buddy's obs and it ran fine. Isn't that a similar scenario? Split shot injectors single shot tuning.

Not even remotely close to the same thing.

You're trying to get a chip with programming for one PCM to try and give commands to a system that is designed and hard wired for a completely different PCM.

It flat out doesn't work. Period.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
the pcm hardware is incompatible with the software. you will need to have the chip reburned to make it work.
it is fairly inexpensive and I have specials running

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.