OBS wont start...help please!!!!!!

strokersmoker1025

Reaction score
ok so im new to diesels....I have basic knowledge of how they work. I just bought a 95 f250 about two weeks ago. last couple days its had a sparatic miss.. seemed to be a fuel issue. it was acting as if it was starving for fuel. since it has been sitting for over a year I figured bad fuel/filter. I drained tank. new fuel and filter and it ran like a top all day yesterday.. parked it last night,went to start this morning and it will crank but wont fire.. as im turning it over I have a significant amount of white smoke coming out the exhaust. I checked fuel bowl and it seems to be staying full... any ideas???? any suggestions would be great!!!! thanks

ToMang07

Reaction score
You're getting fuel if you're getting smoke.

Is your wait to start light coming on/off like normal?

Checked oil level? Check fuses.

Is the tach moving when you crank it?

pdumont01

Reaction score
See if you have fuel pressure when cranking. Scan for codes. Could be glow plug relay.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

strokersmoker1025

Reaction score
yea wait to start light is working normal..oil is dead on the full line. I haven't checked any fuses. anything specific I should check?

78f100

Reaction score
Like already said if your getting white smoke your getting fuel. Is it cold where you are? Make sure glow plug solonoid is working, I bet thats the problem if your getting cam signal (tach moves) and pcm power ( wait to start light). You can jump the gp solonoid with a screwdriver for about 20 seconds to see if it starts, if you don't have a way to test it. And make sure battery's are good.

strokersmoker1025

Reaction score
it was roughly 45 degrees this morning. Im in upstate NY. Batteries are two weeks old. Ill try to jump the solenoid in the morning. Thanks!!!

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
I would definitely put the gpr and gps under scrutiny. I'd also run some diesel kleen through to clean any gunk out of the fuel system/injectors, you may find you'll have to replace that new fuel filter in short order.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
plug the block heater in and see if itll fire up, injectors could be worn, or GPR is bad

strokersmoker1025

Reaction score
thanks guys.. I had to work late today so I didn't have time to mess with it,hopefully ill be done early tomorrow and can get it goin.. I got new injector/glow plug harnesses,new glow plugs, and a solenoid... hopefully itll all work

strokersmoker1025

Reaction score
ok so I replaced injector/glow plug harnesses,gps,gpr, and I found a broken senor on my fuel bowl. local parts store called it a fuel tank pressure sensor. it was 28 degrees this morning so I plugged it in for half hour and it fired right up... smoked quite a bit for about 5 minutes but it hasn't run in a week... I went around the block with it and it cleared up. still seems to be starving for fuel in higher rpm..and has a slight lope on idle. if I unplug the icp it smooth out and check engine light comes on. bad icp?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ok so I replaced injector/glow plug harnesses,gps,gpr, and I found a broken senor on my fuel bowl. local parts store called it a fuel tank pressure sensor. it was 28 degrees this morning so I plugged it in for half hour and it fired right up... smoked quite a bit for about 5 minutes but it hasn't run in a week... I went around the block with it and it cleared up. still seems to be starving for fuel in higher rpm..and has a slight lope on idle. if I unplug the icp it smooth out and check engine light comes on. bad icp?
if it changes the idle when you unplug icp sensor then its working. if no change then it is already in default. get a scanner on it.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.