oem or aftermarket head gasket

ken6881

Reaction score
I am pretty sure my truck needs head gaskets (pooped a radiator two weeks ago and coolant tank today) I searched and didnt come up with much so whats everyones opinion on oem ford vs felpro, victor reinze .... any better than the rest. truck will go back together with arp studs.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Call someone like Swamps and see what they use. I'm want to say OEM w/ is the best bet from all I've read. Edit... How you like the Delta force?

ken6881

Reaction score
I figured oem that's what I use on the 6.0 head gasket jobs just figured I would keep an open mind.

Go with Minotaur and don't look back. My opinion delta force is a half the software Minotaur is. bill knows what he is doing the definitions are way better. I will give you a laptop and my interface with 2 licenses for two trucks for next to nothing. I plan to upgrade to Minotaur but just haven't yet.

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
I figured oem that's what I use on the 6.0 head gasket jobs just figured I would keep an open mind.

Go with Minotaur and don't look back. My opinion delta force is a half the software Minotaur is. bill knows what he is doing the definitions are way better. I will give you a laptop and my interface with 2 licenses for two trucks for next to nothing. I plan to upgrade to Minotaur but just haven't yet.
It's good for burning a good baseline tune directly to the PCM...in the event you have a chip failure...and have bigger nozzles. ..you can still drive the truck home.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've had my issues w/ PHP so if need be I'll have Swamps or somebody live tune but I'd love to have Charles as an available party as well.

Good point Vref, that is a very smart idea and that was the basic concept w/ my 02 when I had another tuner reflash my pcm.

ken6881

Reaction score
200 per license is the bad part. buy two chips and leave the spare in the glove box still cheaper

Latest posts

Members online