OEM vs Aftermarket ZF 6 flywheels?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
We bought a new clutch (well known name, shipped here) for a customer, who also wanted to save money (or course) and get his flywheel resurfaced. The local shops wouldn't cut it, said it was too bad. So we got a new flywheel from Napa since they had one in stock and we finished the job that day.
2 weeks later the truck is back here with a toasted clutch. We get it pulled out to find the NAPA flywheel is a 'Luk' style which appearantly is not an OEM product and needs to be 'Valeo' style. I wasn't aware there are 2 different flywheels, nor did anyone I talked to. The clutch supplier admitted there was nothing in their paperwork to say you need a certain flywheel style over another, other than to make sure to use a new one or resurface yours.

The bottom line is I need to go back to NAPA to try and get some $$$ to fix this nightmare and I need proof that the flywheel they supplied me will not work with an oem style clutch.
Can anyone tell me, or shoot me a link or something that has specs on the oem ZF 6 flywheel so I have proof that the NAPA part is wrong?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online