Oil in the Intake Valley

Cuttintracks82

Reaction score
While changing my oil this afternoon I noticed that I had signs of an oil leak running down the back of the block on both sides. I first thought that it was a rear main seal leaking or something like that. Then I noticed that it started up toward the top end of the engine and ran along the area where the heads bolt to the block.

Next I looked at the valley and noticed that it was wet with oil. There wasnt standing pools or anything like that but definitely wet. I had the egr delete done about 6 months ago and my mechanic never mentioned anything about there being excess oil in the intake valley.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas where it could be coming from or where I should start looking? Any suggestions will be appreciated as I am pretty new to the diesel game.

STROKER

Reaction score
:whs:I would take some degreaser to the valley and try and clean it up as much as you can, then keep an eye on it and see if you can find where its coming from. I would imagine its the return line for the turbo so I would start checking their first.
-Mike

Latest posts

Members online