Oil leak in valley

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Well I just had the egr delete and oil cooler done on my truck Saturday and now iv been noticing a decent size puddle under the truck of engine oil. I see a small amount of oil in the valley and the underside of my truck is coated with oil. I plan on pulling the turbo to see if it's the drain tube. I tried to look and see where it's coming from but I can't see chit in there. I would appreciate any input as what to look for while in there or if I'm even looking in the right place. Thanks!!

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Blue intercooler hose coming off the turbo, if its split, can cause an oil leak. Maybe not enough in your situation though. Oil temp or oil pressure gauge are prone to leaking. Those could both cause quite a leak. Oil filter housing o ring, oil filter lid o ring, turbo drain tube. Could be any of those. Need to get the top of the engine cleaned up and run it to actually find the leak.

Derkperk

Reaction score
Hpop cover gasket too. But it'd have to be really bad to leak that much. Stc fitting? Think that would leak internally though.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Will it be obvious as to what's leaking or no? Since there is oil in the valley I didn't know if it would saturate everything

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
sounds like it may be the oil drain just by the location when you did you delete and cooler did you replace the orings on the oil feed a drain, and the gasket?, could also have pinched the oil cooler gasket. I know a truck I bought a while back had that issue. Looks like your on the right track though, clean up everything real good, and see if you can spot the leak.

Irontx

Reaction score
X2 on the oil cooler gasket. Had that happen to mine. Put 10 gallons of oil on the underside of my truck before I could shut it down to fix it. I had oil all in the valley. Plus some down the front cover.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I have noticed a little coming from the front of the motor. That might be the cooler. I didn't do the delete and stuff so I couldn't say if the o rings were replaced or not

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Well it wasn't my turbo and it looks like the base to the oil filter housing. Iv got a gasket coming and wondered if anyone has changed them?

webb06

Reaction score
Well it wasn't my turbo and it looks like the base to the oil filter housing. Iv got a gasket coming and wondered if anyone has changed them?

Pretty easy. Pull the filter. Undo the fuel filter housing connections ( don't lose the copper washers on the bolt) take out the 4 T45 bolts. You might wanna take out the air filter and the drivers side intercooler hose just for some room.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.