Oil leak

kicker417

Reaction score
I have an oil leak it looks like its coming from the top of the motor by the heat shield that covers the y pipe. Now my question is there some type of lines or plugs around there. It only leaks while the motor is running. The truck is a 2003 6.0 4x4 6speed and help would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
Pain the the butt. I remove the ficm... degaus bottle... air filter. I then squeeze my soup bone back in there and unplug it... then i use a 3/8 universal with as much extension as I have and take it out that way... some go at it from the bottom...good luck

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
it only takes a couple of hours... and be sure to rewire the pigtail correctly... my first one that I did... I rewired it incorrectly and wanted to bash my head off of a wall.... its not bad if you have small hands... mine just happen to be xxl

bad moose

Reaction score
If you're tall go at it from the bottom. Remove heat shield and toss. Then you can get right at it. Oh, and be prepared to cut a wrench.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
FORD motor company was nice enough to pay 42 minutes under warranty! lol i always do them from the bottom when i'm in a hurry, but if you already have the top disassembled it can be much easier.

by the time you get the first one done you might think that you have tourettes syndrome

lawnguy

Reaction score
I agree, easier from underneath but DO NOT PITCH HEAT SHIELD! Unless you enjoy doing this so much you'll be doing it again down the road due to the heat from your uppipes. Just my $.02

Latest posts

Members online