Oil pressure gage

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
What do you think is happening when I drive my truck for about an hour and when I'm at a stop my oil pressure gage goes down? When I put my foot on the accelerator it goes back to normal. I've had it happen to me about 3 times in the past month. Any help would be appreciated.

thirdgenlxi

Reaction score
Usually an indication of an oil pressure problem when it drops down significantly at idle. I'd definitely check it with a manual gauge and see what it's putting out both cold and hot, idle and off idle for both and compare

Oil temp could be getting way to hot as well..... and just to be sure, it is the correct viscosity, right? Seen any metal shavings on the magnetic drain plug at all?

Lassie

Reaction score
A bad sensor can act like this too. The computer uses the sensors feedback to create a pressure or no pressure indication on your gauge. Try a sensor before you get too worked up. They are cheap and fail often. You may find it's leaking now too.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
I'd put a sensor in it. If the base oil pressure is truly low, you will have more concerns. Especially on hot soak restarts.

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
They way it acts is like it's getting a bad reading. Because as soon as It goes to idle, the gauge drops quick and when I start going again it jumps right back up to normal.

Latest posts

Members online