Oil pressure

ACFarmer

Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a 06 with the 6.0. Truck has less than 150,000 I believe. The other day the display came up, low oil pressure, gauge read fine. He checked oil, was a couple quarts low. Topped it off and when he restarted gauge wouldn't come up unless he gave it throttle but display didn't say anything. He changed the oil and filter and it was fine for a few hours. Then the gauge went back to reading 0 unless it had some rpm's.

Oil pump going out? Where is the easiest spot to put a manual gauge on it to check it for sure? It's his farm truck so I'm trying to help him get it going again. Thanks guys!

Oh and the plug was clean when he changed the oil.

webb06

Reaction score
The gauge on the dash is for low pressure oil. I the easiest place to check the low side pressure is either removing the oil temp or oil pressure sensor. Both located next to the oil filter housing on the passenger side. Either would work. I'm betting its the oil pressure sensor though.

ACFarmer

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking too, just didn't know exactly where the sensors were to pull so I could throw a manual gauge on it.

Latest posts

Members online