oil side question

psduser1

Reaction score
Alright, I know there's no love for this hpop, but my Srp 1.1 is treating me pretty well, so far.
My question pertains to the oil ports and lines to the heads. Per gary, the ports are a #8 stc fitting, as opposed to the stock #6. Would there be any benefit to running a bigger line to each head, and tying into two points on each head.
A fairly accurate rule of thumb with piping is "one size bigger, quadruple the flow at any given pressure", so theoretically, a 1/2 line tee'd into two 3/8" lines, per head, " should" increase available oil volume at each head.
An earlier thread, magnumpd's, if I remember, covered swapping a dual pump setup over to jic, with four lines. This is along the same lines, just with a bigger single pump.
Wondered if anyone has tried this, and if there was any benefit, or not worth the time?
I'm going to a jic setup anyway, as my stock lines are starting to weep oil at the crimp fittings, and with 3 trucks to cover, ford is too proud of their parts, lol.:gun:

m j

Reaction score
the passages in the housing from the pump barrel are pretty small I dont think the fitting size is for flow but more for increased thread size

fastersteve

Reaction score
Larger threads were just to protect the threads, where the lines connect are still the same size.

golfer

Reaction score
the injector itself has +/- 0.375" valve...that lifts about .012"

I wouldn't worry about the lines.

psduser1

Reaction score
Thanks, dave. I wasn't sure how much oil was actually able to pass the valve.
I did talk to gary, he basically said the same thing, without going into flow requirements of the valve itself.
Just wondered.

Latest posts

Members online