oil temp and coolant temp?

dasboot

Reaction score
What are the normal parameters for the engine oil temp and engine coolant temp when at normal operation

factors
Georgia summer 90 + deg with or with out a/c
coolant temp 195* +/ -
Engine oil temp 198-200*

TonyG

Reaction score
is that idling after warmed up or driving? we generally try to monitor EOT and ECT at 50mph with cruise control on to receive a accurate reading.... we like to see 2-4 degrees difference between them and we dont except anything over 7-8

dasboot

Reaction score
is that idling after warmed up or driving? we generally try to monitor EOT and ECT at 50mph with cruise control on to receive a accurate reading.... we like to see 2-4 degrees difference between them and we dont except anything over 7-8
warmed up driving. I think the t-stat doesn't open until 195* so this should be in range. The temps never stray more than what you mentioned. I just got nervous seeing 200* eot . I am due for an oil change like right now.

Snake

Reaction score
A 200* EOT is nothing to worry about. Start worrying when it begins creeping towards 250* (engine will start to defuel at 253*)

TonyG

Reaction score
200 is common for EOT, the readings your telling are good across the board, just always stay on top of your oil changes, oil does so much more on a 7.3 and 6.0 then 95% of the engines out there, 5000 miles is when I do mine

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.