opinions on modded H2E or T4 setup

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Currently have mods in Sig, how would a modded H2E improve what I currently have? How would it pair with 238/80 and maybe a 250/200 down the road? Would I be better off going with t4 setup?

bruce

Reaction score
It would be a good turbo for your current setup. A 66mm modded h2e is a little small for 200% nozzles from my experience. The only sh1tty part is the oddball mount

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
What's up with the mount? I can get the mount drain tubes, up pipes etc for like $600 including the exhaust housing. So I would need the turbo, intercooler pipes, and intake piece. If I go this route am I stuck with this turbo like I am with the 38r or are there other options

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Do they sell adaptor plates? Is it worth it, will I see that much of an improvement over a 28r

bruce

Reaction score
Idk, you seem to have always had a problem with your setup egt wise. Lots of people run 38r with small hybrids without any problems. I just don't want you to be let down if this doesn't rememdy the problem. I got my h2e setup, on carson's mount for 1500. Seems like what you're lookin at is pretty incomplete

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I have a whole h2e kit including an afe stage 2 intake with the Itp intake tube to hook the afe to the turbo. Was gonna get pics and put it in classifieds last weekend but got tied up with stuff. Everything is in very nice shape, some paint peeling on the intake, has about 11000 miles on. Pm me if you would be interested.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Idk, you seem to have always had a problem with your setup egt wise. Lots of people run 38r with small hybrids without any problems. I just don't want you to be let down if this doesn't rememdy the problem. I got my h2e setup, on carson's mount for 1500. Seems like what you're lookin at is pretty incomplete

Yeah i know ,just seeing what other options are out there right now. I talked with matt pretty extensively on the phone about the tunes. Currently running one of his personal DD/tow files. I'm just irritated at the truck at the moment. My dads ecursion with the typical DP tunes, bts trans, intake, and exhaust With known uppipe leaks runs cooler :mad:

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
You got it in already?

Where's your thread comparing the two?, what are your opinions? Come on now

Yes, believe it or not, my 38r crapped the bed 2 Saturday's ago while I was in tow going through Rome, GA. Had to get both truck and trailer towed home that night. Matt at Irate expedited my order and everything got here last Friday and I had the Ex back on the road Saturday afternoon. The difference power wise down low is not much different. But up top the BASB really shines over the 38r. Having said that, the BASB spools a few hundred RPM faster and does have more power. And one thing is for sure, the BASB runs much cooler than the 38r. I have to hammer it to break 1050 egt. But towing my 10k trailer at 80 mph from Jefferson to Columbus, in OD my EGT's never break 1000 degrees. That is impressive compared to what I'm used to. I am extremely happy with the "upgrade".

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this but standard is 63 or 64mm and modded is 66mm inducer I think. BASB is 64mm inducer I think (as a comparison).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.