Opinions on RCD tunes

Reaction score
I don't want to start a tune bashing match just looking for some good information about all power levels of the RCD tunes. I would like to know things like how they perform, are they dirty, how is the shifting. All information is appreciated.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I have been running the RCD 585 for about a month, i just have nothing to compare it against. Averaging around 15mpg around town & a lil highway driving. Mpg seems really good on the highway, just no long trips to give you #'s. It breaks tires loose from a 10mph roll.... Smokes pretty good when you get in it, not much when just driving lightly. Only big complaint is pedal sensitivity, highway driving around 60mph causes some decent surges if you hit a noticable bump!

Last edited:

dstryr

Reaction score
I have been running the RCD 585 for about a month, i just have nothing to compare it against. Averaging around 15mpg around town & a lil highway driving. Mpg seems really good on the highway, just no long trips to give you #'s. It breaks tires loose from a 10mph roll.... Smokes pretty good when you get in it, not much when just driving lightly. Only big complaint is pedal sensitivity, highway driving around 60mph causes some decent surges if you hit a noticable bump!

I went through this with Eric's tunes...turns out the fix is traction bars. I put my OUO bars on and the issue is gone.

bigaF250

Reaction score
Personally speaking and not bashing anybody but Innovative tuninng all the way. Very impressive all the way around. On the same year of truck, same size tires and exact same mods minus tunes the Innovative went 5 tenths faster and a lot better on the dyno.

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback so far I would eventually like to have everybodies tunes they are all good I think but keep the feedback coming would be nice to hear from someone that has ran other tunes and RCD for a good comparison.

idkillinit

Reaction score
I've also wondered about others but the street/track tells me that innovative works. Why play with others when your happy. This is also my opinion. Others think otherwise

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
I have had really good luck with customers of mine running RCD tuning. They also keep working and trying different things so there always working to make there tuning even better.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
According to beans dyno it did, but Im not gonna get into a debate about whether it did or not. I was happy with RCD tunes

it did not make 1500 .... the stroke doesnt even allow for over a 2:1 ratio ... its just a funny spot at low rpm for that dyno.

Matt_P

Reaction score
it did not make 1500 .... the stroke doesnt even allow for over a 2:1 ratio ... its just a funny spot at low rpm for that dyno.

Ok well I just said Im not getting into a debate about it. It makes no difference to me, trucks gone anyways.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.