Opinions on this set up.

OBS>SD

Reaction score
Planning on getting stage 1's, some hpop (would like a recomendations for the most i can get for my money),tunes,intercooler, and tranny rebuild with torque converter (also wanting to know best choice for this set up) and a bts valve body. Anything else i need? Any longetevity things I that will go over time? Will that tranny set up hold that power well? Will this be reliable?

chromehound

Reaction score
As for the tranny if you're going to a BTS valve body why not just do a full BTS? Or is that the plan? I'd do e-fuel so if you want to go bigger down the road it's done and a big tranny cooler, downpipe and intake if you haven't done them.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
I've got a Stage 1 SRP1 with Full Force Stg 1s, gearhead tunes, SD intercooler. It is a good set up but if you wanna go bigger eventually then I would just go with hybrids now. Or a full BTS tranny.

OBS>SD

Reaction score
I dont plan on going bigger then this later, I'm in high school, dont have money for a bts or hybrids. I just want stage 1s and tunes. Intake is on the way I have exhaust and down pipe done.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Ok, you may not plan on going bigger but it always happens. I didn't plan on going much bigger but then decided to o so big that I bought a 6.4. I had hybrids and a 38R sitting on my tool box and everything to swap it but sold it all. Plans change and I should have went bigger in the first place, if you cant afford it now, wait more till you need them and just save your money.

I have a friend that we were gonna put what I had in his truck, but would'nt do it till he could get a tranny, well he has been driving his chipped truck for a couple months now and now is looking at a 6.0.

So plan on not what you want now but what will happen in the future.

OBS>SD

Reaction score
I'm in school this set up is probaly gonna take $4500-5500. It won't all come at once I just need to know exactly what i need for it so if i see people selling their stuff then I can take a good deal. I promise i wont be going any bigger by the time i have money for bigger ill be buying another truck.

OBS>SD

Reaction score
If i had hybrids I would want to use them so no. But can we get back to the original questions? And recomendations? I've thought about going bigger trust me its just not in the cards.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
budget build:

Stage 1's (Rosewood i believe is cheapest)
Stock 17 Degree SD hpop
Bts converter and valve body
Ts 6 position chip from your choice of tuners

Intercooler would be cheap if you get a stock sd intercooler and plumb it yourself. I would look into a water injection kit instead of the intercooler if you are only worried about egt's. Price wise it would be cheaper i believe.

OBS>SD

Reaction score
budget build:

Stage 1's (Rosewood i believe is cheapest)
Stock 17 Degree SD hpop
Bts converter and valve body
Ts 6 position chip from your choice of tuners

Intercooler would be cheap if you get a stock sd intercooler and plumb it yourself. I would look into a water injection kit instead of the intercooler if you are only worried about egt's. Price wise it would be cheaper i believe.

I've been told a 6.0 torque converter would do but what's the price difference between the two? and how realiable would this be? And what horse power range would I be in?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I would say 350ish. Varies from truck to truck though.

I would go with the bts converter cause they are custom build to brians specs specifically for the e4od and 4r100 transmissions. And there is not a better trans guy to work with then them.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
since your in school i know this project isnt happening at once. its a progressive build right???
-GAUGES!!!!!!! first mod b4 any biuld CP Trucks sells a 4 gauge A-piller pod that is awesome

-BTS valve body and TQ or choice to keep the trans the way it is now, with these mods the trany can actually hold up longer then you think

-chip it now for what you have and just keep inmind you will need to refalsh it later, who knows you may be happy with just this...PHP is just under $300 for a 6 position and bill has great tunes

-electric fuel to support the bigger injectors, because even with stage ones they can run your lift pump out and you should never let you PSI drop below 50 otherwise you can start to damage the injectors, and if you spend all that cash on new ones you dont want to wear them out prematurly... DIY for under $500 if you do your research

-HPOP, there are a lot of choices here, you can go big or do a modified rebuild form Terminator... hybrids when detuned will use less oil to produce the same power as stage 1s or 2s... but when you tune them up ypu will need oil as needed. a HPO cross over line is also highly recommended to feed that #8 cylinder

-intercool the truck, you can pick up everything you need for around $500 if you lok around... and thats with fabricated pipes of ebay, there pretty nice

-with all that done now you can upgrade the injectors and send that chip back for a reflash to freshen everything up

OBS>SD

Reaction score
Alright ill look into all of that. Gauges are my next step. Thank you guys. Anything else to make it go easier?

OBS>SD

Reaction score
I just looked and brians truck shop is in arkansas, im in arkansas I might take it diwn to him and let him build it.

OBS>SD

Reaction score
Might have gauges boost,pyro,tranny temp, and ts 6position on the way, found a guy selling both together for 500 does that sound like a good deal?

Latest posts

Members online