Ordered 5" MBRP exhaust from Binder man

Lang

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank him and let others know about his great service! He was cheaper than anyone else and was at my door in 4 days! ZERO issues!

alradco

Reaction score
Is going from 4" to 5" going to make more power, sound better? Subscribed for updates. I have 4" right now on mine.

Peter

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Makes the tone of the exhaust a little deeper... That's about it.

Honestly though, one of the best sounding stock manifold 7.3's I've heard was a 1.15 turbine housing with a strait 5" and like a 20" long 6" tip.

Lang

Reaction score
I got it for my dads truck for his bday. I haven't driven his yet to know the difference

Jason

Reaction score
I actually prefer the way 5" sounds. I thought it was stupid at first, but it's a lot throatier sounding, not as "splattery" sounding as 4". I would seriously consider it if I could find a setup that has a factory style exit.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You mean where it stupidly exits the truck at 90° angle right behind the wheelwell? If so, hypermax is like that.

I love the sound of this 5"mbrp exhaust. The magnablows 5" I had didnt sound like this. This has very little drone cruising but still sings when you pin the pedal.

Jason

Reaction score
What's stupid about a 90° exit behind the rear tire? Not everybody want to look like a duramax where you see a damn 20" long tip hanging down....

sniper_101

Reaction score
Tempted to ditch my dual 4" MBRP for a single 5" system, but it's hard to justify $500 for another exhaust system, just for a sound difference.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
What's stupid about a 90° exit behind the rear tire? Not everybody want to look like a duramax where you see a damn 20" long tip hanging down....

Mine doesnt look like that. You cant see any of mine. Painted the frame, suspension, and exhaust black. You literally cant see it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My old exhaust exited like that Ron, if your truck.smokes or hazes there WILL still be as much if not more soot. Pipe has MORE body behind it if anything.

I used to have it all the way down the rocker now I occasionally have some on tue bottom.corner of the bumper only.

Soot wouldnt deter me either way but I just dont find.what you said to be true having run both types.

Reaction score
no reason to lie..maybe its the way I installed it,,its perfectly strait and the 45* tip is turned to the back to let the smoke get away from the truck with no under draft to blow it all around,,,,

Attachments

• year 3 008.jpg
    year 3 008.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 96
  • year 3 009.jpg
    year 3 009.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 82
  • year 3 005.jpg
    year 3 005.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 92

Jason

Reaction score
That's what I want. But 5" with a 6" straight cut tip. No rolled edges/slash cuts etc. My truck doesn't smoke, so soot on the body isn't a concern.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont know of anyone who.makes a 5>6" pencil tip J. Thats what I want too.

Ron-that tip looks like its sticking out 3-4" farther than the tire. Thats why you dont have soot on your truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Makes the tone of the exhaust a little deeper... That's about it.

Honestly though, one of the best sounding stock manifold 7.3's I've heard was a 1.15 turbine housing with a strait 5" and like a 20" long 6" tip.

whs^^^

I dont know of anyone who.makes a 5>6" pencil tip J. Thats what I want too.

Ron-that tip looks like its sticking out 3-4" farther than the tire. Thats why you dont have soot on your truck.

or maybe an inch outside the tire... if that...
live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online