Out of options

topgun

Reaction score
Ok so I am still having toubles with my truck and some communcaton issues. At first I was told I needed a new PCM, then a new ABS module both of which are brand new from Ford and very expensive, but have been replaced along with quiet a few sensors. The dealer that has my truck has their best guy on it and I talk to him regularly about the situation and I don't doubt his ability as a desel mechanic. My issue is even with a new PCM and ABS module, my 4X4 and ABS lights stay on and the ABS is not communicating to the PCM, also the 4x4 does not engage. I was told that they have ruled out the possibility of the harness by jumping wires and checking the grounds and all possible places, they just do not talk to each other. I did buy the PCM from another Ford dealership but this dealership says that it looks like it's an aftermarket and that could possibly cause the issue, they are going to try another PCM next week to see if that rules it out or not... Has anyone ever ran into this situation or know what we are missing??? It's at the point that they told me they do not know and that I could come and pick it up at no charge... A little prelude that stareted the situation was the computer took a crap and died, hence the reason for the new PCM, before that I had absolutely no problems also the problem started before i started doing any aftermarket repairs before that it was bone stock. All upgrades were completed in hopes of solving the problem some where along the way.

2004 F-250 6.0l Lariet 4x4, automatic transmission
I have deleted the EGR, head studs, rebuilt turbo with the batmo wheel, rebuilt FICM to stock, ceramic coated ''Y" Pipes, Rebuilt injectors 155cc from Warren Diesel. I have also like I said replaced many sensors trying to rule out other issues.

co04cobra

Reaction score
The PCM has little to do with the 4x4 and ABS system on a 04. Where are you located?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Bring it up to WV and leave it with me and Ill fix it.

With the things that have already been messed with, and the story they are giving you, it is very hard for me to explain where to even start.

topgun

Reaction score
I bought it directly from Ford, the only thing I could have figured is it was a remam core with an aftermarket shell. Possible to that they out sourced the part... all I know is after playing the junkyard route and getting no where I broke down and bought it new... not gonna b/s on what I have done or what I haven't or what I've put on from where since that in no way helps to figure out a solution... but thank's

topgun

Reaction score
I googled the situation last night and others that gave had the situation also said that their speed sensor on the rear diff had gone out. No communication with the abs module,4x4 light on, and the speedo not working... I had all of these symptoms and after the new module was installed the only thing that got fixed was the speedo... but the lights are still on and still no communicatio. Could this be a possibility?

topgun

Reaction score
No, no codes displayed... they said that it will not communicate to retrieve codes.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I highly doubt the rear speed sensor has anything to do with it.

On an 04 there should be no way a bad speed sensor will cause a no communication with the ABS module. It sounds like your google search was giving you results for 96-97 era trucks.

Do you know if they have tested or replaced the fuse box itself?

topgun

Reaction score
No I don't think that they have done anything to the fuse box other than check the fuses.

co04cobra

Reaction score
The fuse box is a full intergrated CJB in 04. That really is where you need to start running pinpoint tests.

topgun

Reaction score
OK I have my truck back now, I do have a mechanical background so hope fully I can figure it out I just didn't have time before... what do I need to check as far as the fuse panel is concerned? I gave ohmed out all of the fuses and checked for voltage, everything seems to be reading to what I would call spec... .02-.03 ohms and 12.95 volts...

Latest posts

Members online