overhaul Isky o ring

yzstroker11

Reaction score
looking to do an overhaul on my 7.3, .030 over, filled 2in from deck height, coated and balanced and i don't want to worry about blowing a head gasket ever... have seen lots of cummins use this tool to o ring the block deck. not looking to spend x on a fire ring kit(entails grooving head and block), wanting to do at home (have iskenderian cyl block groove tool). Isky groove o matic has proven to high cyl pressures since the 70's and 80's until cnc was brought up in the 90's. not looking for opinions, just seeing if anyone has done this to a 7.3
common wire .040 ss ?
genuine international head gaskets?
from my understanding it add stability to the gasket and doesn't allow floating to happen thus skipping the ageing(baked on) process that i see some people have when they replace hg?

V-Ref

Reaction score
Call Nate at Unlimited Diesel or Swamps. I've talked to both about what your doing and they both have experience with this. I know others do too...these are just the two I've spoken with about it.

yzstroker11

Reaction score
well being the holiday im not gonna bother trying to get ahold of anyone.
im thankful for the army and experience thats on this site, anyone else run a o-ring block?
thanks for the quick info v-ref, care to explain what you have gathered on this subject?
also rods seem to be my weakness 400,k or 300,k on two diff sets of forged rods i have, cryo treat a set for safe measure? looking for 600hp

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.