P0269????

07pstd

Reaction score
Just started showing this code for about a year now truck when cold would shutter or buck whatever you want to call it but once warm it would go away now it seems to be worst when cold but does go away some once warm can still notice little skip am I dealing with a stick going bad or there other things to look at?? Truck is 07 f350 just turned 130,000 miles only engine work done is head gaskets,head studs egr delete upgraded fuel spring and just about year ago put in new 58v ficm from quick tricks.

rodslinger07

Reaction score
I have an 07 one ton that's a welding rig and the same code is popping up. Its a combustion/balance code on cylinder #3. I've read and asked others and they say its the injector sticking. Make sure your FICM is good but more than likely the injector is stuck.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Rev-x certainly wont hurt, but I'd be shocked if it fixed a bad injector.

So the code just started, but it was a year ago??? haha

Lassie

Reaction score
Change the injector.

I personally HATE working on the passenger side head! If it was the driver side, I'd say change just the one, but since it's passenger you may want to consider four new ones. If they have 100K or more on em, it might be worth it to you.

Mdub707

Reaction score
If anything, I would replace the o-rings on all of the injectors on that bank, but I don't know that I'd replace all of the injectors... I hate paying for new parts when the old ones work just fine.

Lassie

Reaction score
True, but replacing 130K orings doesnt help the 130k spool valves:lookaround:

And I'm with you about not changing good parts..............EXCEPT in that head

07pstd

Reaction score
Ya just came on haha it's had that shudder for awhile now and ya I rather take the seventy bucks towards the injector my plan is to upgrade all of them when I get the extra money but for now just do the one since I just dropped 3,000 into a new tranny

Mdub707

Reaction score
True, but replacing 130K orings doesnt help the 130k spool valves:lookaround:

And I'm with you about not changing good parts..............EXCEPT in that head

Agreed, but if those aren't giving him stiction issues...? Maybe some rev-x after injector replacement will help. His call for sure though.

Ya just came on haha it's had that shudder for awhile now and ya I rather take the seventy bucks towards the injector my plan is to upgrade all of them when I get the extra money but for now just do the one since I just dropped 3,000 into a new tranny

Where in upstate NY are you? I'm just north of Cooperstown.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Oh no kidding, I work right in New Hartford. Check out the upstate diesel club sometime. www.upstatebombers.com It's small, but fun. There's actually a GTG this Saturday at Piggy Pats. If you ever need any diagnostics done on the truck give me a shout, I've usually got my labtop and my AE on me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.