P0272

reilly8282

Reaction score
Just did arp's gaskets and oil cooler. Also flushed coolant for elc with just water. Heads were machined and installed and torqued also new ford pushrods. Ran great for a few days. Lately I have been popping a p0272 code with an erratic idle only when warm. This happens when truck is stock or tuned. If I crank it up in the morning it idles just fine and runs great but when I get to were I am headed and pull in to part and let the truck sit to cool down it starts missing on #4 cylinder.

It feels like your turning a switch off and on, it will mess then get better then miss and get better. You can Idle the truck up and get it to start firing on all cylinders. I pulled the valve cover and oil rail and had the truck rolled over while I watched every rocker move up and down. Ohmed the coils on that particular injector and both came back to .7 ohms. I am going to pull the injector today to see if for some reason I didnt get it snugged down all the way or if the bolt was stretched and bottoming out in its threads. Any ideas would be appreciated. Motor was spun numerous times when torquing and then the dowl was placed at 6 every time I torqued.

Additionally, I pulled the IPR to check the screen and it was stuck in the HPOP housing and I fished it out and replaced it because it didnt look like it had any damage. The more I read the more I see people say they are only one time use so I ordered a re-screen kit and two more injector oring kits. If I pull #4 injector and it looks like it doesnt have any issues I am going to swap it with #2 see if the code follows.

Any help appreciated. Thanks Reilly

reilly8282

Reaction score
Live wire only right now... On my scAnguage when it happens it seems like the PCM compensates and brings icp up about 20-25 psi and it quits.

reilly8282

Reaction score
If the IPR was stuck in the housing of the HPO would that cause any contribution codes? Starving injectors from oil?

Latest posts

Members online