PA System Question.

Josh923

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm looking to put a PA system in my truck and have a few questions.
We frequently have bonfires and it would be nice to be able to play music by splicing in a 3.5mm jack into the mic.

Anyways, on to the questions.
1) The cb -> speaker isn't going to be loud enough. I want more power. Can I use any standard subwoofer amp? I currently have a 2channel amp running to a subwoofer in my truck. One channel is unused. Can I use this?

2) Also, I have a Cobra 19 Classic II
Do I need a different CB?
http://www.universal-radio.com/CAtalog/cb_radio/3068.html

3) The only antenna I have is the stock 2004 F250 antenna on the truck.
Do I need another one? I don't care about citizens band radio potential. Just want the PA function.

Thanks yall!

79jasper

Reaction score
Got to a junk yard and rob parts off a old cop car.
Don't know why you asked about the antenna. Has absolutely nothing to do with a PA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Josh923

Reaction score
Got to a junk yard and rob parts off a old cop car.
Don't know why you asked about the antenna. Has absolutely nothing to do with a PA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I was told that I'd need another antenna even if I was going to only be using it for PA output.. But I didn't see that making sense.
My biggest question is about the amp.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Issues I see are sound quality and clarity. Everything is going to be just like you're talking through a megaphone. Ever watched top gear when clarkson puts music through a PA system connected through his phone. Sounds like crap, probably worse than a megaphone. Quality is much better just turning the key to the acc. position and turning the volume up with the windows down. Ran mine for 16 hours straight, cranked, at a graduation party. Jumped in, fired up, went home.

Josh923

Reaction score
Guys, thanks for the input, but none of you have addressed my questions. I don't want alternate options. Please stick to my original post and the questions at hand.
Thanks.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Trying to give you a better option instead of wasting your time setting something up that you probably won't like anyway. You don't need an antenna for a cb radio unless you plan on using it for wireless capability, hence the antenna

GregW

Reaction score
Using the PA will sound terrible. I had one back in high school LOL

In theory, if you already have an amp in the truck and don't actually need the PA function, you could wire the speaker straight to the amp. Most loudspeakers are 100 watts or less, so there's a good chance you'll blow it fairly quickly.

Latest posts

Members online