parking brake spring rubbing on hub

otis_301

Reaction score
I replaced bearings, races seals, rotors, pads, calipers and parking brake shoes. Now the outside top spring is rubbing on the inboard side of the hub and squealing. Does anybody have any good ideas why this is, how to fix the problem? Oh, and replace all the hardware for the shoes.

At first I thought that I maybe the was a specific way the shoes were to go on, but after inspection of new shoes they are all the same. Old spring is not straight it has a slight bend just above the hub, new spring is straight. Maybe the hardware kit from NAPA is crap?

The spring is now worn about half way through.

otis_301

Reaction score
I probably should have said in the beginning that I am not sure in the origianl spring was suppose to have that bend in it. I was not exactly easy on the old stuff.

So, should the small spring on the top have a slight bend in it to avoid the hub?

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Go into napa tm talk to them about it see if they'll check and see if another box has a bent one. If it doesn't maybe theyll be cool and give u one. Then u can bend it sense you've rubbed through urs almost.

Patrick

JLDickmon

Reaction score
there is an inner and an outer.
it's got the wrong spring on it, and it's upside down.

Latest posts

Members online