passenger side ccv

n54power

Reaction score
Been reading up on this and noticed my dipstick would pop out a little when it was pushed hard. Some guys at red label diesel In vacaville, ca commented on how guys would drill a hole and weld a nut to do a crank case vent. The idea of a part for someone in California who can't easily return to stock isn't a good option.

So.after a little thought and about $45 I came up with this. A cap from bullet proof diesel, $15 in AN from summit (summit branded fittings). This is mainly for bling.
I also picked up a $16 billet cap,drilled and threaded it. A much cheaper option for someone who wants do this cheaply.

The angles of the 2 angles seems to keep oil from spitting out.

I'm going to powder coat the cheaper one and drill/tap it for either a 1/4npt or 3/8 npt and use -8 AN fittings.

Attachments

• 20150508_200102.jpg
    20150508_200102.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 20150508_200112.jpg
    20150508_200112.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86

ghohouston

Reaction score
^yes and yes. However, if you feel so inclined to, I think guys have just found another drivers side vc and put it on the passenger head. I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it before.

n54power

Reaction score
^yes and yes. However, if you feel so inclined to, I think guys have just found another drivers side vc and put it on the passenger head. I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it before.

Not excessive blow by,worn out dip stick oring and larger turbo. After I replaced the dip stick I ran it hard before add the ccv,no dipstick pop. But I figured releasing the pressure on both sides is good

Having a ccv on the passenger side would potentially cause issues for the guys who have to meet Californias insane smog requirements. This allows a fast return to stock and in my opinion looks better

cbrown

Reaction score
yea your bigger turbo should not be blowing the dipstick out... unless you have excessive blow by, thus your bigger turbo is pushing more air by your rings and over pressuring the crankcase. you know, kinda like arisley said.

Arisley

Reaction score
I will almost peg a 60 lb. boost gauge and my dip stick never budges. And that is with over 360,000 miles. If boost is in the crankcase, you have issues.

Latest posts

Members online