PCM code compatibility

JDelaney

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked on Ebay, Amazon, Rock Auto, and Car-Parts.com. $720 was the cheapest I could find online for a reman. My price at Ford was over $800. Wound up going to Napa.

The PCM I'm replacing appears to have had the connector over cleaned. I've tried 2 different chips (Hydra & a TS) with the same results: no start. The Napa reman PCM was $500 + $125 core. I kept the core figuring I could sell it for $2-300.

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked on Ebay, Amazon, Rock Auto, and Car-Parts.com. $720 was the cheapest I could find online for a reman. My price at Ford was over $800. Wound up going to Napa.

Ah I thought you meant $250 was high. I understand your problem. But I for dang sure am not going to pay for a PCM that costs more then a chip, least while mine works

JDelaney

Reaction score
Well after installing a set of 238/100s, 369SXE, fuel system, studs, springs, pushrods I didn't really have much choice, lol. Buddy needs his truck by the end of next week. Besides, after spending almost $8K what's another $500?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I was looking into a ts 6 chip and I found one used and his code is a pmt1 and my code is pmt2 will it work?
Welcome to PSA!

It should work. They are both part of the same family.

You could always ask a tuner.

Also, does it have generic TS tunes? Or custom tunes?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes you're fine. Pmt1 is the gold standard of pcm to tune. They basically overide the pmt2 files so its fine. Whitey, my old dually had the nvk4 but was live tuned using a pmt1 pcm then put the nvk4 back in and the ts chip was put in basically making it a pmt1.... your fine...

Members online

No members online now.