Phone Charger, How to Hardwire?

TyCorr

Reaction score
The spot on the back of the console in my lincoln ls is where I plug my car charger in and it stays on all the time. No battery trouble...left **** plugged in all day for days at a time and the car starts all the same...if you left a phone in the truck everynight to charge while you sleep it WONT drain your battery....

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Cut plug wire...2 wires inside 1+ 1-...wire like anything else

:whs:
remember to put an inline fuse. 5 amp should be fine...that way you dont burn your truck to the ground.

That wont work if it has a circuit board in the tip....if he just cuts the end and wires it up....bye bye phone

Last edited:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
shouldnt be...its only a + and a - that plug into the cigarette lighter, just on a different way. and they constantly have power while you have the charger plugged in to the truck anyway. So in theory it should work just fine, UNLESS there is a regulator of some sort inside the actual plug itself that plugs into the cig. lighter.

That wont work if it has a circuit board in the tip....if he just cuts the end and wires it up....bye bye phone

Said that earlier Tank, in a sorta kinda way:thumbup:

If there is no board...cut the wires...if there is use the wires that feed the board and extend them with the board in line or find the resistance and then put a resistor in that will do the same thing

QtrHorse

Reaction score
No mobile phone charges off 12V directly. There will be something in the head (part that plugs into the hole) that regulates the power to around 5V. Do what a couple of others suggested and get a new female charging port/ lead that the charger tip will plug into and then hard wire that pc using a key on only hot wire under the dash.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.