PIP or KEM tune for 2015?

The Butcher

Reaction score
Unobjectively, comparing PIP to KEM both on the hottest "race" vs "extreme" tune. They both made similar boost and seemed to have as close as I can tell similar power. The KEM locks the TC at wot and the PIP did not. And PIP did have the exhaust brake function turned off. I only compared the biggest hp files. They both seemed very smoke free in my truck. PIP had 4 tune levels and KEM had 3. The KEM does shift very firm at WOT in the race file. But at mid throttle it's smooth. Some people may complain a bout harsh WOT shifts. That's the way they keep the clutches from slipping during a full TC locked, no defuel, full power shift. The PIP was smoother at wot because of the unlocked TC shifts.

So, there is the best factual comparison I can do without bias. I'm not saying one is better or anything else. Just my experience. No bashing or trashing just what I noticed.

Great info. Thanks. Should we maybe create a "2015 Delete/Tune thread" where info is available about methods for embarking on the delete route, and the various tunes that are available? Maybe sticky it for a time until more things are available and people have more info/options. A disclaimer at the start of the thread saying "This thread was started 11/19/14 as a way to get info out to people wanting to delete/tune their 2015. Please note the date of each post so that you have some reference for when these comments were made, and recognize that solutions/upgrades may have been found for some of the issues posted within this thread. This isn't a competition between tuners. Just an informational thread about some of the options available. If you have comparison info between the different options please feel free to post your experience. All of you reading this should note that some of these posts may contain opinions. And you know what they say about opinions... Let's keep this thread on track by not arguing back and forth about what vendor does what, but rather fill it with some experiences with actual products."

Just a thought...

Reaction score
When the OP was asking "PIP or KEM tune for 2015?", what did everyone expect? It was bound to become a PIP versus KEM battle royal. For the most part, guys typically tout the praises of whichever tunes they shelled out their hard-earned dollars for.

I get the feeling that ever since I mentioned that I liked my PIP tunes and made the mistake (heaven forbid) of comparing the transmission shift to non-2015 tunes, the KEM vendors here think I've been bashing KEM. On the contrary, I've said that I haven't used them on a 2015 and hoped that everyone who tunes their trucks, regardless of the platform, have good luck.

Why don't you jump back on the guy who posted on this thread for the sole purpose of bad-mouthing KEM.

I vote that we close this thread and start (2) new threads:

What I like or dislike about my 2015 Powerstroke PIP tunes.

and

What I like or dislike about my 2015 Powerstroke KEM tunes.

There are probably less than a handful of people (Morgan for example) who've had the luxury of running both PIP and KEM, so there aren't many folks qualified to answer the PIP or KEM question.

Good Night and God Bless America! (Morgan and Jared, too :toast:)

I agree. And not singling you out more than anyone else with my post. And I never jumped on your back more than I did everyone in this thread in my last post. Its not meant to you personally. It was meant towards everyone acting like "children on Facebook". So don't get all wadded up over it. I was sick of the reading crap last night.

And yes a comparison thread will never be anything but a mess. Especially with no one contributing that has ran both in question.

So instead of a comparison thread it should have been named, "let's throw sh*t at whichever tunes we don't have".

Lol, guys get way too serious about some canned tunes on a pre-loaded x4. They are one size fits all for every truck and cannot be perfect for that very same reason. One person may like one and hate the other, when the next guy feels the complete opposite. No need to bash others because of what they perfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

truckmaniac

Reaction score
Thanks for a great post Morgan. :thumbsup:

I for one promise to behave myself (as much as possible).

ftast350

Reaction score
Soooo which one should I go with? Haha
So one locks up the TC and the other doesn't, one has 3 settings the other has 4, any other differences?

Latest posts

Members online