Problems

vcassens

Reaction score
Ok so my 06 is having problems it all started when I ran off the road and ended up in a snow bank and the truck overheated from snow being packed around the front of the truck. This was on Monday 3/25. it also puked on the way home so I am thinking I popped the head gaskets and it is making a sound like a boost leak but I am still making good boost so I am thinking up pipe. Today I was waiting to come out of a parking lot and while I was sitting in gear the truck lurched forward and was trying to accelerate and when I got going it was running ok but the throttle was really touchy (like barely tap the throttle and it will jump to 2500-3000 RPM) and when at a stop light it was running really rough and lopping bad. Any ideas?
Thanks Vincent

vcassens

Reaction score
y9asu3ab.jpg

And to think that is what got all this started lol
The codes I have are
P0500 VSS A
P0528 Fan Speed Sensor
P0611 FICM (I will be checking tomorrow with a DVM)
P1148 Generator 2 (I have duel alternators and the battery's are still charging fine but will double check with DVM)
P2284 ICP
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vcassens

Reaction score
Just my live wire and a Fluke meter. I am a diesel mechanic by trade just don't have any access to the right diagnostic equipment,time or facility to do the work so I am wanting to see what everyone thinks hear before it goes to the shop

vcassens

Reaction score
Ok so I got bored and went out and checked the FICM the KOEO voltage is 48V the KOER voltage is 37-38V if I remember correctly the voltage is not supposed to drop below 46 volts at all. Is this correct? as for the ruff idle and loping I believe it is a bad ICP because I started the truck and the idle smooths out. It is not perfect but a lot better.

vcassens

Reaction score
46-48vlts is correct, should never drop below that.
And someone correct me if I'm wrong but the ficm can cause rough idle also.

You are correct there I am assuming that is causing the rest of the rough idle when I unplug the sensor.

vcassens

Reaction score
Went out today and started it and it is now popping out of the intake FML

Reaction score
stop starting man, every time you do it has more issues. just quietly push it into a corner:) popping sounds like a new issue, not good

vcassens

Reaction score
Well I talked to my insurance adjuster today and he still has to talk to his boss but it is not sounding good for them to cover it FML. I also got word back that it is not building any HPO so it is being quoted as a rebuild at the tune of $10,617.51 and that is bullet proofing it before it goes back in and the pistons will be ceramic coated and a swamps FICM. So now if they don't cover it I will be looking at my truck siting in the driveway for a long time and making a payment on a truck I can't even drive.

Reaction score
unfortunately I can see the insurance company saying, "the engine damage didn't happen from hitting the snow, but from you driving it afterwards"

vcassens

Reaction score
unfortunately I can see the insurance company saying, "the engine damage didn't happen from hitting the snow, but from you driving it afterwards"

I drove it like 10 miles and it never over heated again just puked. I don't see how that would have caused all the problems. I will be calling my insurance company tomorrow and deal with the person who is making the decisions and see where I can get with that.

Reaction score
that or I see them saying engine issues are coincidental unrelated to off-roading. hate to be a kill joy but I kind of find it a bit difficult make more than a coincidence out of your symptoms and the accident. kind of sucks but think you're going to find that's their claim and its going to be an uphill battle. now once you can get it apart and have a more precise idea what ails it, you might get them to cover some of it.

vcassens

Reaction score
Ya I am pretty sure it is going to be an uphill battle but I am going to give it a try and see where I end up LOL. It just sucks that I have been with the same insurance company 10 years this July and have very few claims with them and have never been late with payment and insure me,the wife,2 boats,renters insurance,and both vehicles with full coverage and now when I need them I am getting told no.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.