Project build ideas

scronce

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the site so please excuse me if I'm breaking any rules. I bought a 2004 f-250 with a late build 6.0 that was hydro-locked about 3 months ago from an old farmer. truck has 193,xxx on it. XLT, extended cab, rubber mat instead of carpet, 4x4. pretty nice truck, body wise. some dents here and there but good overall. ended up having a popped passenger side head gasket. I had planned on simply replacing the gasket/bolts and flipping the truck for some quick cash to pay for my upcoming wedding/honeymoon. after 2 months of working on it a few hours a night, i got it all back together. But much to my dismay, i fired it up and she's knocking like a Jehovah's witness. so flipping it quick is no longer an option. I pretty much stole the truck so I've decided to keep it and build the engine from block up. I'm Ford diesel certified and have 3 years experience with working on stock 6.0s with the exception of egr ******s/head studs. not too familiar with much aftermarket performance stuff. i want to make this truck a monster, anyone have a built list or part suggestions? any info is greatly appreciated! thanks!

gwunter

Reaction score
Check out the stickies in the "6.0 aftermarket" section. That should give you a few days of reading material. Good luck with the truck.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Probably the most difficult part is having the cash for all the parts you will want. There is great stuff out there, Just need the money, I ended up selling my 6.0 before I got into engine upgrades. If the rest of the truck is nice enough it should be great when you are done.

Latest posts

Members online