Project super blazin part 2

Superblazin

Reaction score
Up at the ellertons! New motor time... Gave shawn 4 days to have me on my way home Monday night!
Day 1
Shopping all morning (wife's gonna be pissed when she sees the visa!).
Pulled old motor while Shawn assembled the rotating assemble this afternoon.

Shawn's got some cool pics ill let him throw on.

Oh and lesson learned. Don't drop tools on the floor or he makes you do a shot of some nasty Kentucky shine

Last edited:

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Nice! What are the fuel/air changes? How is that turbo looking after driving it for a while at your power level?

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
20140516_212548.jpg

20140516_213335.jpg

20140516_121112.jpg

20140516_121037.jpg

Superblazin

Reaction score
Carrillo rods, cut, de lipped and coated pistons. Colt stage 2 cam, fresh new heads with 3 angle grind, hardened seats, heavy springs and some valve work.
I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff!

Shawn's going to lend me some of his old slow race parts for a comparison to the dark side! Lol

285/100 hybrids

66 feeding a s480

The Mtw stage 4 has been a flawless beast in the truck! I have put on thousands of miles on it and its still tight and running strong.
Adrian has been awesome to work with and has some great products

Superblazin

Reaction score
Borsky:I did not do Orings heads..
Progress is awesome!
Engines in bolted down, fuel and oil hooked up, 66 mounted and plumbed and the s480 is mounted..
Had to stay with the 205/100's for now as the hybrids weren't ready and it's our may long here.
Were Finishing pipes in the morning and then put the front end back on to make it look like a truck.. I hope to have it going mid afternoon! Gotta admit I'm nervous.

Shawn did Amazing quality detailed work in assembling the motor and fabrication so far.

william_ace

Reaction score
How does your truck like the 205/100s with the big vgt turbo? What tunes have you run with it?

Superblazin

Reaction score
And she runs.. Took if for a mild drive and it builds boost fast! Shawn's going to put some miles on it and do an oil change before I bring her home later this week..
Thanks again for all your help buddy 4 16-18 hr marathon days resulted in a Awesome build..

Last edited:

Superblazin

Reaction score
How does your truck like the 205/100s with the big vgt turbo? What tunes have you run with it?

Ran great, egts at cruise were around 650.. Pulled my 16' enclosed and didn't make a difference. Cleaned up to a mild haze at wot. Averaged 22 mpg on the highway. Eric from innovative does all my tuning.. I ran it on extreme st or race

strokin6L

Reaction score
That's awesome James! Saw the pics on FB. Were you able to put the wheel well liner back into the wheel well on the passenger side where the low pressure sits? Just curious how much room there was with the downpipe right there.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Ran great, egts at cruise were around 650.. Pulled my 16' enclosed and didn't make a difference. Cleaned up to a mild haze at wot. Averaged 22 mpg on the highway. Eric from innovative does all my tuning.. I ran it on extreme st or race

So 650 degree cruising egt, while pulling a big trailer and getting 22mpg???

It is so weird when 99% of 6.0 trucks all react the same and then you get the one or two trucks that claim 22mpg??? Or super low egts while running a big turbo and pulling a trailer.

It is comments like those that cause TONS of people to get on the forums and wonder what is wrong with their trucks when they only see 15mpg and have 800 degree cruising egts

Superblazin

Reaction score
So 650 degree cruising egt, while pulling a big trailer and getting 22mpg???

It is so weird when 99% of 6.0 trucks all react the same and then you get the one or two trucks that claim 22mpg??? Or super low egts while running a big turbo and pulling a trailer.

It is comments like those that cause TONS of people to get on the forums and wonder what is wrong with their trucks when they only see 15mpg and have 800 degree cruising egts

14' enclosed cargo trailer isn't what I personally consider "big", I am happy that I was receiving the fuel mileage I did consistently and hand calculated it every time... But it was also in efficiencies,
35" tires = lower higher gear ratio at highway speed with a sacrifice of bottom end power!

Set the cruise control at 1950 rpm, which put me in the 120 kph

Had the tune adjust so the vgt duty cycle at 3 psi. And she just idled down the highway with no effort and just into the power band

Superblazin

Reaction score
Little update.
Chasing little gremlins and cleaning up misc stuff
Was having Icp issues, changed pumps a few times couldn't get it over 3.2, changed ipr's, Icp. Still no go.
Then started getting codes like a no tomorrow everywhere. Ever have that heart felt moment when a brand new motor shows up with no oil pressure! Small panic. I grabbed a cheap oil pressure gauge and tapped a napa oil filter cap. 75 psi. Relief

Tracked it down to a short in the harness.
So I changed it out.
Ran soo much better. First test drive I got lined up 2 blocks away with a young buck in a 08 with injectors and turbos done to it. Smoked him hard. It was the first time I laid into it!! Second gear traction issues. Lol pulled me over to ask what the hell! Never been beat by a 6.0 before.

Then the alternator regulator went. Very coincidental
Then I started having troubles with # 5 injector hanging up and giving me a contribution codes!

So I bit the bullet. Ordered up some motor craft injectors. And a thumper 2 from rcd.
Pulled the injectors last night and now I await a delivery from brown Santa. (Ups)
Going to just swap solenoids for now onto the 205's and then ship the new cores out to build them into 275's. As the
Rcd pump is on back order still and I have a few thousand mile journey to put on it for a family vacation in a week

-redid the battery box for dual drivers side batteries. Ran a new 2 awg cable from the starter to the driver side.

- cleaned up and retaped new engine harness in blue electrical tape
- installed a dual stabilizer kit (Father's Day present)

I still need
-to figure out a location and way to redo the air compressor tank and hoses for the air switch 4x4. Thinking drives side by degas bottle. But that's a project in itself!!

- mount passenger fender well once I fab around the down pipe

A lot of little details in a build like this ... Funny when you look at my bank statements, every day or two Or sometimes multiple times a day I have a transaction at a parts store lol.

Little stuff adds up quick!

All in all it's coming

Last edited:

Superblazin

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to attach photos on this forum. I do not have them hosted anywhere to link a URL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.