Project: WUT D P F

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
No it's for wiring.

I just need the part number for the grommet unless it's built into the harness

co04cobra

Reaction score
02 was the first year for the circles not the square. Doesn’t matter if gas or diesel.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Awesome work! Extremely clean. Can you elaborate on the sound deadening you used?
I can't say you will find it anywhere but AZ. It comes from a local car audio WD that is big enough to get their own brand on stuff. No clue who makes it for them or if it's as good as any other particular brand.

The first layer down is commonly called "dynamat" (which is a brand name, but it stuck like "kleenex"). it's a CLD material that dampens the resonance of the metal. It was used pretty much everywhere in the truck, including in the doors (inner and outer). You can pretty much knock on any cab sheet metal and hear nothing but "thud". Between that material I installed and using expanding foam between the roof braces and roof, it's amazing how tight and dead the roof is.

The second layer on the floor and roof is more of a sound blocking type material. I don't know what to compare it to, but it has a layer of CLD at the base and then a layer of what I believe is a closed cell foam. There may be better products, but I had easy access to this stuff and went with it. I'm sure that there are better products and install techniques that would make a noticeable difference over what I did, but overall I'm happy with the results.

Denver

Reaction score
I saw it out in the wild. Looks good. Would've done the same to my 2wd but I converted it to 4wd instead. It'll be at your shop in a couple weeks.
20220907_095312.jpg

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Yes and No LOL.

Some of the work got done, some plans changed. Currently working on some body work as I had some rust show up in the rear kick panels and working on installing the 05 Harley front end so I can eventually get everything painted.

Latest posts

Members online