PS pump High pressure line

Jomax

Reaction score
Have a 2003 6.0 with a 2004 engine. PS pump is shot and getting ready to replace it. My question is, is it worth forking the extra cash on a Ford high pressure line or just get one from Oriellys for a 1/3 of the price??

96F350KID

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with the lines the Cardone pumps is what we have problems with making noise or leaking from the shaft seal.

Jomax

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with the lines the Cardone pumps is what we have problems with making noise or leaking from the shaft seal.

Sounds good, I was thinking of the Cardone pump but figured a Ford pump would be better. A HPO line cant be that hard to make and if you had good luck with the lines from Oriellys I'll give them a shot. One other question did the lines come with Teflon o rings? and do you really need that special tool to install the o rings?

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
I have had one of the napa 36 dollar lines on my truck for a long time... its the one that goes into the bottom of the pump and up to the hydroboost..... its just a pain to get in there to change them out

Jomax

Reaction score
I have had one of the napa 36 dollar lines on my truck for a long time... its the one that goes into the bottom of the pump and up to the hydroboost..... its just a pain to get in there to change them out

Pump is getting changed aswell, still a pain in the ass though.

Jomax

Reaction score

well I changed the line today. Made some custom tools to take it off easier. I plan to make a pictured write up for other 6.0 owners on how to change it. While searching for a way to remove this line I really didn't find a pictured write up. figured I'd help. I paid 27 bucks for the line at Napa, ford wanted 155$....:morons:

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
well I changed the line today. Made some custom tools to take it off easier. I plan to make a pictured write up for other 6.0 owners on how to change it. While searching for a way to remove this line I really didn't find a pictured write up. figured I'd help. I paid 27 bucks for the line at Napa, ford wanted 155$....:morons:

yep... rockauto usually has it even cheaper, and I think they carry the motorcraft one just as cheap

Latest posts

Members online