Pyrometer fittings

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
What are you guys using for Pyrometer fittings, I crawled under the truck tonight and both are leaking right out of the probe hole. Autometers little thread in bung and clamp do-hicky are junk.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
What are you guys using for Pyrometer fittings, I crawled under the truck tonight and both are leaking right out of the probe hole. Autometers little thread in bung and clamp do-hicky are junk.

You have a drill and clamp probe, you want to swap it out for a drill and tap probe...

Drill and clamp...

2957247050100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

Drill and tap...

2597587100100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

If your probe is in the up pipe you can weld a bung in there, pretty easy. Some have luck taping the up pipe, but I dont like that.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I have both actually :D.

However autometers tap in fitting is still held in with a set screw... Junk, I haave mine in the headers.

That compression fitting you show there seems the ideal solution. Know where I can buy one ?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have both actually :D.

However autometers tap in fitting is still held in with a set screw... Junk, I haave mine in the headers.

That compression fitting you show there seems the ideal solution. Know where I can buy one ?

My wifes Cobalts have that damn set screw...

I have an extra standard one like that in the truck... Shoot me your address and I will get it off this week.

Most people prefer the weatherpac connectors and I have this one left over from another project.

Jason

Reaction score
Interesting. I actuallylost the fitting when I did my bellowed uppipes. I have the hole drilled, lost the fitting, so we put a proper sized bolt in the hole. I think the fitting is like $70.00 from AutoMeter. What kind of fitting is welded to the pipe? And, does it hold up to vibrations, etc., without the weld breaking?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.