question for you 6L guys

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
This probably isnt anything new but considering that the block an heads on the 6.0 are extremely similar to the 6.4 would it be possible to bore out an re tap the holes in the block to except 6.4 ARPs to further fix blown headgasket issues? I suppose the next problem would be making sure that the larger nuts an studs would still Have clearence from valve train parts etc. Seems like i might have seen something like this before..what you guys think?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Or you could step up to stronger 6.0 studs... H-11 or 1425's are available if you're worried about strength. If the job is done right, you really shouldn't have problems.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Head gaskets would be the issue. You
Can't just drill them for the bigger studs......

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Aaah ok guess the gaskets would be an issue forgot about that no way to cut the gasket with out harming how the seal im assuming, just not familiar with the 6.0 so much, just seems like alot of you guys are still popping gaskets with ARPs.. guess that mostly from improper prep an installation?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
if done right? you dont need anything more than arp2000(250-4202)!!!

78f100

Reaction score
6.0 studs also go through the rocker box and 6.4s dont, pretty sure the 6.0s are a good bit longer but never really compared them.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Bores are way different[/QU

the coolant jacket orientation is the problem. the bore is alittle bigger,but you could use them,if it wasnt for the jacket misalignment.

Yeah there's way more to worry about, like Kyle said. It's not just stud diameter.

Copper gaskets. Dunno. Just throwing random ideas out there.

Exactly, you can get a gasket made any way you want.

Don't see this working at all. How much extra material is even in the block? The studs we're already using are stronger than the block material, so there really is no need to go to a higher tensile strength stud, unless you just don't have the muscle to torque to 210 ft/lbs. Then you can spend more on a higher tensile strength stud to only have to torque to 165 ft/lbs or whatever the H11's are.

Nic

Reaction score
Way too much work IMO. I have the elite H-11s and my heads got minimal machining and magnafluxed and the decks checked - then again, I had all the work to mine before I ever had a problem. If its done correctly, there wont be a problem. Moost of the re-occuring problems are from the proceedure not being done right in the 1st place and second, people like to bring these trucks in when theyre way out of whack before they ever decide to fix them. Then you get some of these piss poor shops that dont machine out the heads right and they pop again or dont magnaflux them and they end up taking it back for a cracked head. So like I say, quality work goes a long way with these motors.

Latest posts

Members online