Question on multiple tuners and chips

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Just looking for more information on chips and using multiple tuners.

The Hydra: I know this can have multiple tuners on it

DP's F8: I know this chip is opened to other tuners beside DP. My question is, can multiple tuners be loaded at the same time.

TS: If you have your own burner can you pick any 6 tunes whether they're from different tuners or not? Or do they all have to be from the same tuner?

SeeYa

Reaction score
Just looking for more information on chips and using multiple tuners.

The Hydra: I know this can have multiple tuners on it

DP's F8: I know this chip is opened to other tuners beside DP. My question is, can multiple tuners be loaded at the same time.

TS: If you have your own burner can you pick any 6 tunes whether they're from different tuners or not? Or do they all have to be from the same tuner?

You can have multiple tuners calibrations on the F8 at the same time.

SeeYa

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you.

One thing about the F8, you don't need to erase the entire chip to add a new tune. So no waiting to erase the chip and reburn it. Just pick the spot you want to reburn, load the tune and hit go.

bigfords

Reaction score
Do you have to erase the entire TS chip each time you put tunes on it?

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Be careful when you put multiple people's tunes on one chip cause sometimes it will not switch from one brand to the other. I know with the ts chip my truck would cut off sometimes when I tried to switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeeYa

Reaction score
Be careful when you put multiple people's tunes on one chip cause sometimes it will not switch from one brand to the other. I know with the ts chip my truck would cut off sometimes when I tried to switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like flipping a switch from windows 7 and going to windows 98. Wacky things happen. Just communicate to your tuner which code you need and you'll prevent a cutting out situation

CSIPSD

Reaction score
No issues changes between tuners on my Hydra chip, 5 different tuners on it right now...

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Is this true on all the platforms? Hydra, f8, and ts?

Is it a problem simply because it's different tuners? Or because your switching from different tune levels? Say going from tuner x tow tune to tuner y all out performance tune causes problems where as switching from tuner x all out to tuner y all out doesn't.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its not a problem with the Hydra... Two of my tunes are even NVK, and I have no issues changing from the PMT to the NVK...

Lang

Reaction score
Its not a problem with the Hydra... Two of my tunes are even NVK, and I have no issues changing from the PMT to the NVK...

Did you get tunes from Jonathan before they stopped?

Dan V

Reaction score
So I have a question concerning the Hydra. My box code is PMT2, I log onto PHP's server see all the choices under VRAA6S3...pick out like 5. Stock, high idle a couple of DD's and some Tow's.

When I start the truck in the bypass, position 00, everything is fine. Back out of the drive, get going down the road...switch to a DD tune...engine dies. Roll to shoulder, cycle key to off and then it will start and run in any position. Even if I start it in 00 and switch to a tune.

All the tunes are VRAA6S3 family.

CurtisF

Reaction score
So I have a question concerning the Hydra. My box code is PMT2, I log onto PHP's server see all the choices under VRAA6S3...pick out like 5. Stock, high idle a couple of DD's and some Tow's.

When I start the truck in the bypass, position 00, everything is fine. Back out of the drive, get going down the road...switch to a DD tune...engine dies. Roll to shoulder, cycle key to off and then it will start and run in any position. Even if I start it in 00 and switch to a tune.

Running multiple tuners is fine, running different calibrations rarely works. This is why you are having issues.

For example, I can't run VDH2 and VDH5 on the same chip. Anything other than position 1 on the chip will kill the engine instantly.

dsberman94

Reaction score

That's normal. To use the 00 tunes you have to put the chip in 00 with the truck running then shut it off for the chip to be in bypass mode. To get it back into a tuning number start the truck take it out of 00 shut the truck off then start it again and you can use all the other numbers.

Dan V

Reaction score
That's normal. To use the 00 tunes you have to put the chip in 00 with the truck running then shut it off for the chip to be in bypass mode. To get it back into a tuning number start the truck take it out of 00 shut the truck off then start it again and you can use all the other numbers.

Curtis....They are all the same hex code. The recommended hex code for PMT2 is VRAA6S3.

So it's "normal" for the truck to stall when switching from 00 to another position? I do have stock programed in at 01.

Thanks...was just wondering

dsberman94

Reaction score
Curtis....They are all the same hex code. The recommended hex code for PMT2 is VRAA6S3.

So it's "normal" for the truck to stall when switching from 00 to another position? I do have stock programed in at 01.

Thanks...was just wondering

I misread about it stalling. But now that you know about it you know not to do it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.